𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘺 𝘍𝘰𝘹

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Okay. So, we've got forty-eight hours to make it to the North Shore," James informed everyone before looking at Slivko, "Slivko, are you sure you know what you're doing back there?" Lauren smirked at the slight offense on Slivko's face for the doubt they held. "Yeah! My pop's a mechanic. If I can't fix this, he'll disown me. If he ever sees me again," Slivko answered James while Lauren chuckled at his statement, she knew he'd make it off of the Island. "Does no one have faith around here? We're getting off the Island," Lauren told them with an eye roll. "You're gonna leave with us?" Marlow asked her knowing she would've been conflicted.

"I can't stay here... Kong's natural instincts will keep him alive. Besides, I gotta be out there making sure this place stays hidden for as long as I can," Lauren told him as she clipped a wire to help the spark. "And with the war coming to an end... Who knows, the place might be less depressing," Lauren added with a grin bringing Marlow back to the prior conversation about the wars. "Hold the phone, Churchill. Russia was our ally. Now, you're saying we're at war with them?" Marlow asked James as Lauren made her way over holding a part of the engine, placing it down before wiping the grease from it and getting to work.

"It's more of a cold war," James answered him causing Lauren and Marlow to share a look before Lauren went back to work. "Cold war like... they take the summers off?" Marlow questioned James making Lauren laugh to herself as James just stared blankly at him. "What about the Cubs?" Marlow questioned Nieves, "The Cubs win a World Series yet?" Lauren almost groaned as the topic of sports came into the conversation. "Not a sporty person?" James questioned Lauren as the others spoke about sports. "Despite the last seven years of constant running, I've never been an overly active person. I used to read books, write poems, and knit scarves," Lauren told him.

"Knit scarves?" James questioned her with a smirk. "They were never impressive. But I always adored nature, animals and my father being a famous explorer, I got to see a lot of the world. I used to join him where we'd watch predators in their natural habitats," Lauren told James as she sighed with a small smile. "What will you do once you're off the Island?" James asked her, Lauren thought carefully about his question. While she had a promise to keep, she knew that she'd need time to adjust to society again and how it works. "Truthfully, I have no clue," Lauren answered him as she finished with the engine piece.

"Well, you won't be alone through it," James assured her, Lauren looked up at James with a small smile. James admired the woman standing in front of him, the strength she had to survive on an Island like Skull Island while befriending a Prehistoric Ape. "Yeah," Lauren replied to him as she admired his blue gaze, her heart skipping a beat before she turned away to give Slivko the engine piece he needed. This situation was interesting for Mason who had witnessed the dazed gaze between the two, her smirk widened at the blush on Lauren's face. However, Lauren was battling in her mind, berating herself for being attractive to the first available male she's seen since before the island.