𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘚𝘬𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘐𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The group stopped at the edge of a large valley that contained large bones in the form of what Lauren guessed were Primates. "The fumes are flammable," Joseph warned the others while Lauren shivered uncomfortably. "I think we should find a safer way 'round this," Lauren asked the others, she looked up at her father who seemed to consider it for a moment. "But with the time limit we have, would we make it?" Sherry asked with an anxious tone, she didn't like the look of the misty valley but she didn't want to miss their chance off the Island. "The quickest way is through the valley," Joseph answered despite the clear hesitance on everyone's faces.

"All right... We stay quiet, close together, and be prepared to run if need to," Joseph told them as he moved forward. "Stay calm no matter what we encounter," Lauren added as she followed her father, the quartet moved together slowly and silently to ensure nothing would be alerted by their presence. Lauren had to admit the smell of the valley was making her stomach churn, she tried to ignore it; thankfully, the small meals meant she couldn't risk vomiting as it would've been a waste of safe rations. Lauren's eyes focused on the large skull of an ape, the mere size of it insinuated that it would've been over at least 150 feet tall.

A distant hiss-like growl caught Lauren's attention, she kept walking but didn't hesitate to let her eyes search the thick mist for anything that could be stalking them. None of them saw it coming, a large lizard-like creature ran at them and immediately snapped up Sherry Torres into its mouth leaving Lauren watching in complete horror. "RUN!" Joseph called grabbing Lauren's wrist and pulling her along, Alexei got over the shock and followed the father-daughter duo as fast as they could go. "IT ATE HER!" Lauren screamed as tears formed in her eyes. "IT'S A CRANIUM REPTANT AND WE ARE ITS PREY!" Joseph shouted back as they spotted the edge of the valley in the distance.

Lauren's brain was swirling as the image of Sherry being consumed by the creature repeated in her mind, it struck her harder than when they found Jackson dead. But maybe it's because they had been traveling on this Island for two days already and spent the time getting to know each other. Lauren's heart ached for the blonde woman who was hoping to get home and mend things with her brother, apologize for abandoning him, and fix their bond; be there for her niece and nephew and now it had burned down in flames. Then it clicked; Flames. Lauren reached into her pocket, pulled out the lighter, and flicked it on before she stopped and threw it into the gassy mist.

The explosion sent the three humans into the edge of the valley, the Cranium Reptant was blown to pieces by the explosion. "We gotta get off their territory," Joseph spoke as he helped his daughter up, pulling Alexei from the ground before they climbed over the large wall out of the valley. The three didn't stop running until they were out of breath and a safe distance away from the death trap that was the valley. Once they believed they were safe enough, the three of them dropped to their knees in front of a river; Lauren gasping for air as she felt a pinch, her stitches were torn. But she couldn't think of that, all she could was cry for Sherry and her short life; sending a prayer to the Angels above.