𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘗𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘵

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The next morning, Lauren stood near Marlow as he kneeled by Gunpei's grave, Lauren's eyes focused on the picture of the Japanese soldier that saved Marlow's life at the sacrifice of his own proving that despite the war when push comes to shove, they'd work together. "This man's name was Gunpei Ikari. But you take away the uniforms and the war, he became my brother," Marlow expressed to James and Mason who were standing a few feet away. "And we swore we'd never leave each other behind," Marlow added with tears in his eyes, Lauren placed her hand on Marlow's shoulder and sent him a reassuring smile, Marlow lightly patted her hand in a fatherly way.

"Let's get off this island," Marlow spoke as he stood up. He reached for the Katana that once belonged to Gunpei, sheathing it into its scabbard. Mason and James step to the side to talk while Lauren looked around the shipwreck, she was already feeling nervous about leaving the Island she had been living on for seven years; she couldn't imagine how Marlow would be feeling right now. She knew he was eager to get home to his wife and son, to be able to live a normal life away from the survival instincts that hit when you are on an Island filled with deadly creatures. She began to really think about what she wanted to do if she returned back to society.

The four of them made their way out of the wanderer, James stepped up next to Lauren and walked with her as Marlow and Mason spoke about more of his time on the Island. "How are you really feeling about all of this?" James asked Lauren noticing her anxious behavior. "Truthfully, I have no idea. When I first saw the helicopters, I was excited about seeing the world again but it's been seven years... I doubt there is anything or anyone out there waiting for me," Lauren answered him, her trust in the tracker made James feel warmth in his chest. "You never know. Maybe they aren't out there waiting for you," James replied softly.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The group of survivors work together to get their ploat up and running, Slivko having to tell them off at one point when they started the engine before his okay. "Prime the lines," James ordered. "Yeah, yeah, yeah," Slivko replied making Lauren smile to herself, he was only seventeen and it really showed in how he behaved even through the maturity he presented. "Wind it up, let's go!" James spoke up as Marlow shut over the covers. Mason winded the crank as James worked to start the engine, Lauren closed her eyes and sent a silent prayer hoping for the Ploat; thankfully, it purrs to life.

They all celebrated before Lauren noticed all of the Iwis watching them, she frowned slightly knowing that though they don't speak, they knew what this meant. Not only were Marlow and Lauren leaving but the chance of someone else coming in was heightened. Marlow and Lauren walked to the edge of the Ploat to stand face to face with the Iwis, both were saddened for leaving the family they had while on the island. "I guess this is goodbye," Marlow spoke up first breaking the silence while Lauren bowed her head, the Iwis bowed their heads to her. "Thank you. If you're ever in Chicago, look me up," Marlow added as they lifted their heads, Lauren smiled with teary eyes.