𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"Lauren!" Joseph's voice called throughout the house, Lauren groaned before she realized that her father was home from his latest expedition. "Dad!" Eleven-year-old Lauren shouted as she ran down the stairs straight into her father's arms. "You're home!" Lauren cheerfully spoke as Joseph held his daughter tight in his arms. "Where you good for your aunt?" Joseph asked as he pulled back enough to look his daughter in the eyes. "I always am!" Lauren replied with a toothy grin on her face. "Well, how 'bout we get some ice cream and listen to some music?" Joseph offered his daughter who agreed immediately. The two danced all night until they crashed from the sugar, Lauren was the happiest she had ever been.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"What happened with the war? Did we win?" Marlow's voice pulled Lauren from her memories, she looked over to the opening in the side of the Wanderer. "Which one?" Slivko replied making Lauren frown. "Uh-huh. That makes sense," Marlow replied before locking eyes with Lauren, smiling at her before bowing his head. "This is all hallowed ground to them. So if you like your hands, don't touch anything," Marlow warned them causing Lauren to blink about the deja vu she felt hearing those same words, she knew he was about to tell them the same thing he had told her but the story was bound to change since her involvement.

"The way they tell it, for thousands of years, the people on this island lived in fear," Marlow began telling them as they approached the drawings. "As Lauren once said, that's a hell of a long time to be scared," Marlow continued as he looked towards Lauren who stood near James, the Tracker looking at the drawing on the Skull Crawlers surrounding the Iwi's. "And then, one day, the damnedest thing happened. Some of the things they were afraid of started protecting them against the things that were eating them," Marlow added as Lauren spotted Brooks looking at the drawing of Kong being worshipped by the Iwi's.

Lauren walked up to stand next to Mason, the photographer was looking at the drawing of Kong bowing down the bones of his parents which made Lauren frown; She would've loved to see them as one. "And this is where they honor the last of their saviors," Marlow told them as James stepped up to the largest painting in the room; Kong standing above the Iwi's with his arms out. But what caught their attention was the drawing of the woman in the middle in the same motion as Kong; her arms out, a crown floating above her head with fire in her palms. "And where they honor the woman who can communicate with Kong," Marlow finished as everyone looked at Lauren, the woman looked up at them.

"Kong is the King of Skull Island," Lauren told them as she stood straight from her slouched position against the rocks. "He's God to these people. Kong's a pretty good king, especially with his little warrior by his side," Marlow continued with a cheeky wink at Lauren who huffed and rolled her eyes playfully. "Keeps to himself mostly. This is his home. We're just guests here," Marlow told them as he walked around the group of survivors who were still looking at the drawing of Kong, their minds conflicted between Marlow's words and being victims of Kong's attack to defend his home.