𝘈𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

After dropping the corpse of the Skull Crawler to the side, Kong lifted his hand closer to his face before opening his fist to reveal Lauren's body, he whimpered slightly before spotting James by the bank. Kong moved closer and placed Lauren's body onto the bank entrusting her life with James who had proven his care for her in Kong's eyes. "Lauren..." James shouted as he rushed over to her, Kong stepped back and watched as James checked her pulse before starting chest compressions. "Come on..." Mason whimpered as she stood with Marlow, the two watching the scene before them with fearful eyes.

Suddenly, Lauren began coughing up water and James helped her onto her side to get it all out of her lungs; the brunette took in greedy breaths as James pulled her up into his arms. Lauren let James pull her into his chest, the tracker rested his head on her head and closed his eyes thankful that she was okay and alive. The others on the Ploat cheered for Lauren's survival and the defeat of the Skull Crawler, they were all happy their time on the island would finally come to a safe end. Lauren pulled back from James and looked him in the eyes with a small smile, "You looked worried, Conrad. Thought you don't do attachments?"

James laughed at her words before placing his hand on the side of her face, "What can I say, love? You're pretty impressive and last I heard, if I don't take my chance, one of those boys will." Lauren chuckled as Mills shouted, "Damn right we will!" James laughed as Lauren rolled her eyes playfully. "They couldn't handle me... think you can?" Lauren asked James who looked into her eyes as he leaned closer. "I think I'd like to try," James replied before he leaned in and kissed her. Lauren's heart was racing as their lips moved together savouring the moment and enjoying the relief of surviving together.

The two pulled away as Kong let out a mighty roar they pulled everyone's attention, Lauren sighed as James helped her up. She made her way towards Kong, the King lowered his palm allowing Lauren to climb on for their final goodbye. James climbed up onto the Ploat with the others watching to see what would happen next. "Thank you, Kong. For saving me, protecting me, and for being my family. But I have to go now. This is your home, I've gotta find my own and protect this island," Lauren expressed to Kong who huffed, his action of understanding.

'I love you, sister' Kong signed to Lauren bringing tears to her eyes as she rested her forehead against his. "My King," Lauren added as she stepped back, the large ape lowered her to the ground by the Ploat, watching as she climbed off before he stood to his full height again. Kong bowed his head to them all before he turned and walked away from the scene, Lauren knew he was going to visit his parents grave now that the Skull Crawlers' territory had been tore apart and the Titan Crawler was dead. Lauren knew that Kong would be perfectly fine, he was the King of Skull Island and long may he reign.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

The Grey Fox was back on its way towards the North Shore with James, Lauren, Mason, Marlow, Nieves, Brooks, San, Slivko, Chapman, Mills, Cole, and Reles on board with eager yet calm excitement to get off of the island that had completely changed their lives. Mills had taken control of the wheel while James sat with Lauren and Mason, the three watching the environment around them. Marlow sat looking at the photo of his wife, a smile on his face as he fully realised he would be returning home to his wife and son after almost twenty-nine years trapped on the island.