𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Lauren was anxious as she walked up to the house, she pulled the keys out of the bag and unlocked the door with a small smile on her face. The door opened to reveal the two-story home in perfect condition even after eight years, the only difference was her mother had removed majority of her trinkets and decorations. The brunette closed the door behind her and dropped her duffelbag on the table before she dropped onto the couch and closed her eyes. During the past year, Lauren had been working with Monarch and her father's old company to protect Skull Island.

Then before she returned home, she visited the familes of those she had lost sharing stories and heroic tales before wishing them the best with the rest of their lives. Lauren had a memorial put up for Jackson McNee, Sherry Torres, and Alexei Jones for their heroic actions. Her father had a memorial placed separately for all of his many acts, a lot of people knew Joseph Hartman and so a lot of people had shown up for the small gathering they had for him. During all of this, Lauren kept in touch with everyone; she had even been invited to Reles' wedding.

But there was one person she was yet to hear from, the one she missed dearly but understood what he meant when he said she needed time to settle back into society. And now after a year, she could finally settle down in her home and decide what her next move would be; she could join Monarch and continue doing expeditions and research about Titians or she could find a new career and life her normal life. The promise she made to Sherry is what overcame her most of the time and that's when she missed James Conrad the most. She didn't know what he wanted but she knew if he came back to her, the door would be open.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

After visiting Hank and his family in Chicago, telling them stories about their time on the Island, Lauren made her way to Key West, Florida where Reles had moved to in order to be closer to his brothers. The wedding was beautiful and catching up with the guys was something that Lauren loved, it was nice to joke around with them again and talk about the changes in their lives. Lauren and Grace got to catch up and Lauren introduced her to Mason who was now seeing a guy she had met at Monarch. The party after the wedding went well into the night but Lauren had found herself standing on a pier looking out to the ocean.

"Cole said I'd find you out here," The familiar British accent of one James Conrad pulled Lauren from her thoughts, she turned around to see him wearing a suit. "I apologise for being late, Lauren. Had a few loose ends to tie up," James told her as he stepped closer, admiring the black dress she was wearing. The scar across her shoulder from saving Nieves from the leafwings was clear for anyone to see, a scar rested on her forehead from the gash battling the Skull Crawler in the boneyard, and finally a scar on her collarbone from when she had come off the cliff and hit the water. But she looked beautiful with each one, James smiled as Lauren stepped closer to him.

"You aren't late, you're right on time," Lauren replied to him before she stepped forward, wrapped her hand behind his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. James' hands went straight to her waist, pulling Lauren's body flush with his as he deepened the kiss. Both hearts racing in euphoria as they shared a passionate kiss under the full moon, by the overlapping waves, and the calm humid Florida breeze. After everything both had gone through, every step, every scar, and every scare was worth it. Lauren knew that James was her forever and James knew that the ring in his pocket would give him what he had always wanted; a family of his own.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Rosemary Speaks

And that is the end of Rescued.
I genuinely wrote this book because I love Kong, I love Tom Hiddleston, and I felt like writing a short story. It isn't my best work but it'll do.

I hope you enjoyed the book.
Think of it as a palette cleanser between longer books to settle your minds and imagination.

I hope to see you in my other books on my profile! For announcements and new books, follow me!

Have a good day or night <3
Bye-bye!!