Chapter 10: The embarrassment

"You did what?" Jorginho grabbed his stomach, threw his head back, and burst into laughter. "No fucking way!" He choked and began to cough.

"Don't kill yourself mocking me." Markris hissed, taking a turn as he drove to the company.

"But seriously," Jorginho grabbed his shoulders, trying to calm himself from the effects of the force with which he had laughed. "You seriously did not scream Lorena's name in that situation. What was Danielle's response!"

He shrugged and squeezed his face. He should have known better than to tell Jorginho about messing up. He was not about to hear the last of it. "She rolled out the bed, picked up her clothes, and walked away."

"What?" His eyes widened, and the corner of his lips twitched. "You didn't even try to stop her and explain." He felt another round of laughter bubbling in his stomach. It all sounded like a movie in his ears. There was no way someone as perfect as Markris could fuck up this way. Absolutely no way.

"I did. Even offered to drop her off."

"And?" Jorginho leaned forward. His ears strained to grab every juicy detail.

"She stopped in her tracks, looked me dead in the eye, and told me never to speak to her again. She ran out afterward. Honestly, I think she overreacted. It was an honest mistake." He tried to rationalize it, but even he knew nothing was ordinary about screaming another woman's name.

"Honest mistake?" He burst out laughing again. "You're so unserious, Mark. Imagine she had screamed out 'Jorge!' when she came. How would you have felt?"

Markris threw him a quick look. His nose turned up. "How is that even a good comparison? And why did you have to use your name?"

"My friend, you have your priorities all messed up. First, you must question why you thought about Lorena while balls-deep into the woman you termed a sex goddess. Are you obsessed with Lorena?" Jorginho raised a quirky brow, his words dripping with sarcasm.

"Obsessed?" Markris scoffed, his hold on the steering tightening. "Obsessed with who? Lorena? You all brought her up, and I got heated. I was only thinking about her because of my anger towards her. Obsessed? Please." He rolled his eyes, thin veins popping out from the sides of his head.

"You're sure about that big boy?" His eyes twinkled, and his body shook with laughter as he stared at his friend's firm grip on the steering. He had to be lying about his feelings towards Lorena. Maybe it was just his ego speaking, but he did believe Markris had some feelings for her. It may or may not be romantic, but she took the man. Maybe it was her beauty. They were very few women he had seen who could stand beside her when it came to her physical features. Very few.

"Jorge, please drop this. I didn't tell you for you to make fun of the whole situation. I already told you to keep your ears down in case Danielle tries to sabotage my name."

"Scared the almighty Markris would be outed for displeasing a woman in bed for the first time?" A lopsided grin appeared on his face. He was enjoying this a little too much. It was not every time you get to see Markris all bent out of shape. Twice it had happened, and double, it had something to do with Lorena.

"I dare her to say I didn't please her," He snickered. "I dare... " He was saying when the sound of his phone ringing interrupted him.

"Your phone," Jorginho said, bringing it out of the small space between them.

"Who is that?" He gave him a quizzical look.

"Well, what do you know." His smile spread around his face.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's Danielle." He said, answering the call and putting it on loudspeaker.