5: A Plan

Y/N's pov:

I woke up feeling...energized?

It's been a while since I've felt anything positive or uplifting with everything that had happened to me.

I got up from my bed and started searching through the drawers for some clothes to change into, but I didn't find anything.

I still need to go home and bring clothes and stuff for my new room.

Since I couldn't change my clothes, I grabbed my keys and made my way to the daycare so I could talk to Sun. If he was still there, that is. I didn't want to meet that Moon guy again just yet.

When I got to the main doors of the daycare, I unlocked them with my keys, and as soon as I stepped into the lobby, I could hear what sounded like Sun talking.

I thought he was the only person in the daycare after me and Link left, but then again he could've been playing with toys or some shit like that. He was childish enough for it, so I wouldn't be surprised.

But as I got closer to the slide, I noticed the tone and volume of his voice.

He didn't sound as loud or happy as he normally was.

I poked my head through the slide to see what he was doing, but I put it through a bit too far and toppled down the slide into the ball pit.
"Shit," I cursed quietly.

"Language!" I heard Sun say.

Must've been louder than I thought.

I climbed my way up out of the ball pit and threw the few that toppled out back in before I turned to face Sun, who had come over to see who had entered.

"Y/N, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay away from this place after your shift," Sun said. "Yes, but I want to help with your problem," I said.

Sun blankly stared at me for a good few minutes, barely moving before going back to normal. "No. I'm not letting you stay here. I don't want you to get hurt," he tried to gently push me out the doors, but I resisted.

"I'm not leaving," I said. "I don't know much about your Moon personality or whatever, but I'm sure the company wouldn't purposefully program a robot to kill people," I continued.

"He's not a personality, he's his own person. He's a bit troubled, but I'm positive you'll die if you try to reason with him, and I don't want that," Sun said. "Please, Sunshine. I don't want you getting killed," he begged.

I shook my head. "Well, I would give my life to spend more time with you, so that's that," I said.

I'm not exactly the brave type of person, but Sun was my only friend, and I didn't want to lose him.

Especially not after everything that's happened.

I sighed. "Please, Sun. Just let me try to help. I promise I'll do whatever it takes to fix whatever's wrong," I said.

Sun gave me a weary but hopeful smile. "Really?" he said hopefully. I nodded. "If I don't at least try, then nothing will change, will it?"

Sun's rays spun around his head as he hopped from one foot to the other. "I'm so happy to hear that, Sunshine! I miss not spending time with you after work!" he exclaimed as he lifted me into a hug.

"So what do you plan on doing?" he asked as he held me up in front of him. "Well, I was planning on talking with Moon and trying to reason with him," I explained. Sun looked at me like I was crazy.

"Reason? With Moon?" he asked, setting me down. I nodded. "That's what I said," Sun shook his head. "That might be harder than you expect, friend. Moon won't even listen to me sometimes," he said with a chuckle.

I cocked my head to the side. "How do you talk to him? I thought you shared a body," I asked. "We can talk through our thoughts," Sun replied. "We can also see through each other's eyes, talk if the other is out, feel the same things, etc." he continued.

"Are you always looking through each other's eyes and stuff?" I asked.

"Not always. Sometimes we take breaks, but most of the time we're watching through the other's eyes," Sun explained.

"So...Moon's watching me right now?" I asked nervously. "No, he's taking a break," Sun said.

I exhaled in relief. That would've been creepy. My plan also would've been a complete bust before I got to even try.

"Anyways, when does he come out?" I asked. Sun thought for a moment before answering. "In a few minutes, I think..." he said. I nodded as I felt my heart speed up a bit. Things could get messy.

As in my blood splattered all over the walls messy.

"Do you want to hide before he comes? I'll have to be up in my tower in case he's watching if you do," Sun suggested. I was about to accept when I remembered what happened last time. I had nearly been choked to death.

"No, I think I'll stay out here. The last time I hid, I almost died," I said. Sun looked at me nervously, possibly second-guessing his decision to let me stay.

Before I could ask him anything else, the lights shut off, and I heard the familiar cackling of Moon.

872 Words