29: Mr. Mechanical

Y/N's pov:

After Y/n wakes up bc I'm lazy:

I quickly ate my breakfast and grabbed my phone. I needed to make a very important phone call. As long as he answered, everything would be fine.

I opened my contacts and easily found Link's number, seeing as it was the only one in my phone. I pressed the call button and placed my phone near my ear, patiently waiting for him to answer. After a couple of rings, it went to voice mail. With an agitated sigh, I called again, and this time he answered.

"Hello?" he said. "Hey, it's Y/N, are you busy?" I replied nervously, feeling my social anxiety kick in. "Nope, what's up?" Link replied.

"Well, I found Sun and Moon in my room last night, and I was wondering if you could help me fix them," I said, anxiously waiting for his reply. Link was silent for no more than a second before speaking again. "What do you mean? They were destroyed," he said. I shook my head. "No, I have them in my room," I replied. "I mean, they're in pretty rough shape, but they're not destroyed," Link paused, and I could hear him moving around. "It says in the news that the pizzaplex was destroyed, and the rental company's website never said anything about having bought Sun and Moon with the main cast," he said.

I was so confused. "What rental company?" I asked. My dumb ass had been living under a rock this whole time, and I never bothered to see what happened to the pizzaplex after it closed. "It has everything on a news article online. It might be easier than me explaining it all," Link chuckled. "Anyway, you said something about fixing stuff?" he asked.

"Yeah, I need your help getting Sun and Moon fixed," I said. "Okay, I'll be right over. You still live in the same place, right?" "Yep," "Alright, see ya in a bit," Link hung up, and I breathed a sigh of relief. That went much better than I had anticipated.

While I waited for Link to arrive, I opened my laptop and searched for the news article he was talking about. I had no clue about what happened to the other animatronics after the pizzaplex closed, and I wanted to learn more.

After I found the article, I started reading it.

A/N: idk how legal stuff like this works btw so this might not be accurate XD

"Earlier this month, the ninth reincarnation of the Fazbear franchise (Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex) closed down, and the other locations are being shut down for good after over thirty more incidents take place. It's a wonder the franchise has lasted this long, considering all the "accidents" that have happened over the decades. Mr. Afton is being arrested for his negligence and Mr. Henry Emily is receiving millions for incidents that have recently occurred and happened in the past. The main cast of animatronics and some S.T.A.F.F. bots have been bought and restyled by a rental company called "Chuck E's Rentals" and are now available to rent for multiple purposes. This is officially the end of the Freddy Fazbear franchise. Good riddance."

I read through the article, drinking in every word as I absorbed the information. To be honest, I can't believe the authorities allowed the animatronics to be bought by someone else. I figured they would've destroyed them alongside the building.

The doorbell brought me out of my thoughts, and I rushed to answer the door. when I opened it, Link stood before me, a toolbox in hand. "Hey," he chirped. "Hi, come on in," I said stepping aside to let him enter.

Once he was inside, I locked the door and led him to my room, where Sun and Moon's lifeless bodies rested on either side of my bed. "So, you just found them like this?" Link asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I came back from work one night and they were just here," I said. Link nodded, but I don't think he believed me. "Can you help me move them into the guest room?" I asked. "I can't keep them on my bed like this, but I don't want them to be uncomfortable once they're up and running again,"

I could tell Link thought I was crazy by the way he stared at me for a minute. "...Sure," he said. We both grabbed one end of Sun, slowly carrying him out through the door. Unfortunately, we were only able to make it to the couch. "This might take longer than I thought," I said. "Let's just leave him here for now," Link said, waving a hand in dismissal. We went back to grab Moon and got him on the couch as well. We resumed our journey with Sun and successfully got him to the guest room before moving Moon.

When we finished with that, Link started asking questions. "So, what else did you need my help with?" he said. I handed him a list I made of parts Sun and Moon needed to be replaced. "I made a list of everything that was damaged, and I found a place online that sells some stuff like that. I'm just not handy enough to make the repairs myself, so I thought maybe you could help me out if you're willing," I explained. Link skimmed through the list of items I put down.

It wasn't a long one, but it wasn't two or three items either. after a few minutes, Link nodded to himself. "Yeah, I could do this," he said. "Most of these I already have at my house or at my workplace. I'll just bring them over here," he added. "Oh okay. How much do you want for them?" I asked, standing up to go grab my wallet.

Link only laughed. "I don't want your money, Y/N," he chuckled. "Besides, with all the recent inflation, I think you'll want to keep it," he advised me. I sat back down. "Yeah, I guess you're right," I said.

After we talked a little more, Link was able to get a little bit of work done on Sun and Moon after we cleaned them up. They were in need of a serious bath. Luckily, they were waterproof. Then again, what kind of caretakers would they be if they weren't?

We had to take their clothes since they were basically rags, but I kept Moon's hat so I could attempt to fix it. Also, I didn't want the poor guy to be bald for eternity. Sun at least has rays all around his head.

When Link had spruced up their wiring a bit, he announced he would be leaving and reassured me he would bring some of the parts we still needed from his house. "Well, thanks for everything so far," I said as I followed him to the door. "Yeah, no problem," Link said. With a wave, he left with his toolbox in hand and drove home.

A/N: "and they all went to sleep" shit ending to this chapter, ik. Don't worry, I'm working on another one I promise ✌🏽