14: The Accident

T/W: mention of sh

2146 words gahdayum

Y/N's pov:

Link and I had just made it to the daycare when I heard children screaming and crying from inside.

I threw open the doors and immediately saw the problem. The lights were out. But there was another problem.

Not only was Moon terrorizing the children, I saw the person in the rabbit suit at the security desk, knife in hand as they watched the chaos. "Link, call the police!" I said.

Link hadn't dared to step inside the daycare, and he bolted off toward his desk and began to call the police. Meanwhile, I had to figure out a way to handle the situation without getting sent to the hospital or killed.

I could've tried to get the lights back on, but there were three problems.

One, the rabbit person and Moon were both near the only two light switches in the room, and I would most likely get severely injured trying to get to either of them.

Two, the generators were scattered throughout the play structures, but that would take too long.

Three, no matter what I came up with, blood would be shed, and lives would be lost.

It felt useless for me to just wait until the police arrive, though.

The person in the rabbit suit sat staring at me from the security desk, knowing damn well that I couldn't do anything about the current situation but wait for help to arrive. Knowing my luck, by the time the police got here, the kids would be dead, and the pizzeria would most likely shut down.

If the pizzeria shut down, I would be out of a job.

If I was out of a job, I would just quit life altogether.

By some miracle, the police and other rescue services arrived much faster than I thought they would. I was forced to wait outside the daycare with Link, though. The police didn't want us near the scene. Both for our safety and the fact that we could unknowingly "contaminate the crime scene", or mess up some evidence. "It'd be better for the both of you if you kept clear of this area for a while. The pizzaplex will more than likely have to be closed for quite some time to sort out this mess," the officer had said.

Now as I stood with Link waiting outside the daycare, we were noticed by Carl and some other important-looking man. "Are you both okay? We had to let the police in, but they never told us why they came," the man said. Link nodded. "Yes, we're fine. There was a huge problem in the daycare with some person in a rabbit costume," he said.

It took a while for both of us to explain what had happened, from the person in the rabbit costume sending me to the hospital up to now. Once we were finished, Carl and the other man looked extremely concerned. Carl looked the most concerned, but I'm thinking he was upset that I had gone to the hospital because of the rabbit costume person.

"Well, there's no doubt we'll have to be closed for a good bit. This is not going to be pretty," the other man said as he held the bridge of his nose. "Not to mention our reputation is going to be even worse after this," he continued.

A police officer then came over to us, and shortly after, two police officers were dragging the person in the rabbit suit out of the building, who they had handcuffed and unmasked. I didn't see their face, but they had long blonde hair. Some other officers had come out guiding the few surviving children to a bench to sit, and paramedics were taking some injured children out to the ambulance.

"Good evening, Mister Emily. I'd like to inform you that we have arrested the murderer and have the animatronic deactivated and in restraints," the officer said. The other man, who I assumed was Mr. Emily, nodded and waited for him to continue. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we'll have to have this place shut down until all the animatronics have been tested for any other bugs or glitches. They will also need to have their chips replaced and updated to avoid anything like this happening again," the officer added. "We found a code in the daycare attendant's chip that was likely the cause of all this, but we can't remove it,"