27: Hallucination (Bad Ending)

***Good ending won't be immediately after this chapter, I'm still writing the book***

T/W: self-harm, mentally ill behavior

3rd Person:

When you entered your room, you saw the lifeless bodies of Sun and Moon slumped on the bed. You felt hope rise in your chest and rushed over to hug them. Sure, they were a bit dirty and rusty, but they were still there.

Or were they?

You felt your spirits decline. Sun and Moon weren't there. You came to the conclusion that you were hallucinating. It must be your brain's way of coping with the sadness of losing them to help ease the pain.

If you were being honest, it felt great to see them. But you knew they weren't there. They've probably been destroyed by now and replaced by human actors. Or maybe the place closed down for good. Either way, there was no possibility of Sun and Moon surviving. You were grateful to have their hallucinations, though. It really did help.

You had to be descending into madness if you could make physical contact with your hallucinations. They feel so real. But that might mean that you need to seek help. "Oh well," you said to yourself as you sat on my bed, grabbing your dagger. You rolled up your sleeves and began to make small cuts into the skin of your arms. "At least now that you're here, I can have someone to talk to," you said to the Sun and Moon hallucinations. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I'm just glad that you're here to listen,"

You began to chuckle a bit, and it quickly escalated into maniacal laughter that filled the room as you slashed wildly at your arms with your knife.

Months went by, and every day after work, you would talk to your Sun and Moon hallucinations, cutting your arms and legs, and always ending up in a fit of psychotic laughter. Sadly, it had to come to an end. Your neighbors heard you laughing like a madman and grew concerned, so they called the authorities.

Now you spend your time within the white walls of the asylum, happily talking to your Sun and Moon plushies since they learned it helped you stay calm. Unfortunately, the real Sun and Moon were taken from your house and turned into scrap metal.

405 Words

A/N: I'll admit, this got darker than I intended, but I promise I'll make a happy ending to this book :D