23: Survival Instincts 🌞/🌙

Disclaimer: I have extremely vague knowledge of the pizzaplex layout, so bear with me here.

Moon's pov:

When I powered on, I found myself in a dark place. There was also a vile aroma that registered in my sensors. It was enough to make a plant wilt within minutes.

I stood up and put my foot out to take a step, but then I tripped over something and landed on my face. "Shit," I cursed under my breath. I sat up and looked to see what I tripped over. Or who, I suppose.

Laying lifelessly on the ground was poor Sunny's body, covered in dirt and grime of all sorts that typically would've made him go crazy trying to get himself clean. Knowing my luck, he was probably out of power. I decided to try to turn him on anyway. (pause)

I messed around in his head panel a bit, pressing buttons and flipping switches for a couple of minutes. After ten minutes of messing around, I finally got him to turn on. It took a few minutes, but as expected, he began to freak out and let out the most blood-curdling screech I have ever heard.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT IS THIS PLACE?! WHY AM I COVERED IN FILTH?! HOW DID I GET HERE?!" he shrieked. "Sun, calm down. You're fine," I said. Sun whipped around and his face lit up when he saw me. "Moony! There you are!" he gave me a big hug. "Do you know how we got down here? Or how to get out?" he asked. "No," I said. "I think we somehow fell down the trash compactor, but that's it," Sun shuddered. "Eugh. It's so dirty down here," he took a whiff of the air. "And smelly," he added. "Let's just get out of here and try to find Y/N," I said, standing up and going through the tunnels.

Sun follows suit and we make our way through the dark, decrepit tunnels of garbage and debris. I don't even know how half of the stuff down here got here in the first place. Mountains of rotten food, mangled S.T.A.F.F. bots, and at one point, we passed an old animatronic suit that was probably meant for Bonnie Bowl based on the rabbit design.

We walked around for maybe five more hours before Sun stopped me. "Moon, we should probably find a recharge station somewhere. My battery's getting low," he said. I checked my battery, and it was almost empty. "I'm sure there's one around here somewhere, given all the other random shit there is down here," I said, half-joking. Turns out, there was a functioning recharge station not too far ahead. But I'm not complaining.

"Well that's convenient," I murmured as I heaved open the door. Besides being extremely rusty and having gunk in almost every corner, it was just like the ones we used to use. I stepped inside, but Sun hesitated. "Come on, Sun. You don't want your battery to die, do you?" I said. "But it's nasty in there," he shook his hands nervously. "You'll be fine, Sun. We'll find a cleaner charger when we get out of here," I plugged myself in and waited for Sun to enter.

Disgusted, Sun joined me and plugged himself in as well, shutting the door behind him. I just hoped it opened again.

547 Words