10: The Night Shift

Sun's pov:

I sat at a drawing table in the daycare, peacefully drawing my dear Y/N.

I know she said she'd be back in a bit, but it feels like it's been so long already, and I miss her. I know she'll come back, though. Y/N never breaks her promises. :D

"I can't wait until Y/N comes back! We're gonna have so much fun with her, Moony!" I said.

"By 'we', do you mean you and Y/N, or us and Y/N?" Moon said. "Aw, don't worry, Moon. We can share. I'm sure she'll have just as much fun with you as she does with me!" I said. "Well hopefully, she can fix us. The maintenance people aren't doing shit." "Moony! Language!" I scolded him. "Calm down, Sunny. There aren't any kids here. They're all gone," Moon said. "Well, I still don't like those words," I said.

After a couple more minutes, I finally finished my picture of Y/N. "What do you think, Moon? Did I do good?" I asked. "Considering you drew it, I'd say that's an improvement," Moon said. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I said. "Calm down, Sun. Your drawings usually look like a child drew them. I'm just saying this one looks more real," he explained.

"Well, either way, I'm sure Y/N will love it," I said.

Not too soon after, I heard the balls in the ball pit clashing together.

"Well, speaking of your darling angel, she's back," Moon said. "You mean our darling angel," I said. "Whatever helps you sleep at night,"

I got up from my place at the drawing table and skipped to the ball pit to greet Y/N and give her my picture.

"Sunshine! You're back! Me and Moony missed you so much!" I said as I scooped up Y/N from the ball pit.

"I can tell," she said with a chuckle. I put her down and crouched to see her better. "Me and Moony made something for you while you were gone!" I said. "Seriously? You drew that," "Oh, hush, Moon. Don't ruin the moment," I said quietly.

I gave Y/N the picture I made for her, and she studied it carefully before hugging me. "Aw, Sun, this looks great! I love it!" she said.

Y/N's pov:

I was hugging Sun when I felt a stinging pain in both my arms, so I quickly took them from around Sun.

"What's wrong, Sunshine?" Sun asked. "Uh, I'm not sure," I said. I then proceeded to touch Sun again, and my hand got burned. "Jesus Christ, Sun! You're burning up!" I exclaimed.

Sun had a nervous smile on his face. "Sorry, I'm just really happy you like the picture Moon and I made for you! You're also our favorite person, so we're really happy," he explained.

"I see," I said. "But I have good news," I added. Sun started jumping around the place excitedly. "Ooh! I love good news!! What is it?" he said. "Well, I asked if I could work the night shift, and thankfully, Carl's allowing me to," I said.

"Yay! Now we can have even more fun!!" Sun exclaimed. He then glanced at the clock and crouched down to meet my eye level. "It's almost Moon's turn to come out, friend. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear the good news, too!" he said. "Right," I said. Hopefully, Moon would be at least a little bit pleased that I kept my end of the deal.

The lights went out, and I watched as Sun's features were slowly replaced by Moon's. He looked around for a minute before turning to me. "So, you've been allowed to work the night shift?" he asked. I nodded. "The manager was a bit creepy, though. He said he'd like to meet me on Thursday for a 'conference'," I said.

Moon nodded. "Well, since you're here now, I suppose I can tell you about our current issue," he said. "What issue?" I said. Moon sat on the floor in front of me with his legs crossed to see me better. Even while he was sitting, he was still pretty tall.

"You remember when Sun told you that I kill children, right?" he asked. I nodded. It was pretty hard to forget most things that Sun or Moon did. They were pretty memorable.

"Well, I don't do it on purpose. It just happens," Moon said bluntly. "Anytime I'm near a child, I lose complete control of myself," he explained. I was about to ask him more about it when another thought popped into my head.

"Does that happen whenever you somewhat control Sun?" I asked. Moon didn't say anything, and he looked confused. "Like today with that kid he threw out," I clarified. Moon's eyes widened a bit, and he didn't say anything for a moment.

"Moon, did you do something to him?" I asked.

Moon's pov:

I don't know what I was expecting to happen tonight, but it was not this. My plan was to get Y/N to take a look at our chip, fix it, and be done with this whole situation. Now she was asking me about what Sun and I did with the kid today. Absolutely fucking great.

"Moony, please don't tell her what happened. She's gonna hate us if you do," Sun begged me. "Don't worry, I'm not going to. I doubt she'd be thrilled to know there are two rotting bodies in our closet," I muttered.

"Uh, Moon?" Y/N said.

"You don't need to be concerned about the kid, Y/N. Sun and I sent them on their merry way back home," I said. "Anyways, complete sidetrack. The point is, I need you to take a look at our chip and see if anything is wrong with us," I said, desperately trying to get things back on track.

Y/N stood there for a moment, contemplating it. "Doesn't maintenance do that?" she asked. "Maintenance doesn't do shit about us. They just clean us up now and then and make sure Sun is working for the kids," I said. "Now do you wanna help us, or not?" I asked.

Y/N nodded, and I was about to lead her out of the daycare when I decided to take care of other matters. "You stay here. I'll be right back," without another word, I jumped up to my tower and grabbed the bodies out of my closet to throw them out before I forgot. Or worse, before Y/N somehow found out.

Y/N's pov:

I watched as Moon leapt up to his tower without any further explanation. Since I didn't know how long Moon was going to take, I figured I should do something to keep myself busy.

I was going to draw for a bit, but then I saw two glowing red eyes peeking out at me from the play structures. I also heard giggling.

And I don't mean Moon's maniacal laughter, I mean somebody giggling like they found the best meme on the internet.

"Hello?" I called out into the darkness. I wasn't normally one to investigate, so I don't know what on earth compelled me to walk closer. I definitely paid for it two seconds later, though.

As I got closer, I could barely make out the silhouette of a rabbit. "I'm sorry, do you work-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence before the figure charged at me, and I noticed they had a knife.

"STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" I screamed as I ran around the daycare. The rabbit continued to chase me wherever I went, giggling and laughing as they did. "Are you having fun yet?" they said. "BITCH, NO!" I yelled at them as I climbed on one of the play structures.

The person grabbed my ankle and sank their knife deep into it. I shrieked as I fell off the play structure and my head slammed into the ground. My vision blurred a bit, and I felt pain rising in my arms and torso as the person stabbed me repeatedly.

After a couple of minutes, I lost consciousness.

1301 Words