26: Breaking and Entering

A/N: Quality may be bullshit for various reasons lol. Anyways ty & enjoy <3

Moon's POV:

Sun and I made our way through the neighborhood, searching for Y/N's house. It had turned to night while we were searching, so I had to take Sun by the hand since he couldn't see in the dark as well as I could.

We slipped into people's backyards, following my GPS until we found Y/N's home. Or at least the address she had entered when she worked at the now-destroyed pizzaplex. "Moony, are you sure we're going the right way?" Sun asked as I pulled him through the dark. We turned a corner and stopped to make sure no humans were around. "Of course. My GPS says that we're almost there," I replied.

About ten or fifteen minutes later, we made it to a house on {your street} and tried to find a way inside. "Should we try the door?" Sun suggested, beginning to walk blindly in the wrong direction. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "No, there's no car in the driveway. Besides, I don't think we would want to keep Y/N from sleeping whenever she gets back from wherever she is," I said.

Sun and I went to the side of the house, where there was a window more than big enough for us to crawl through. The only issue was getting it open. "Sun, you stay right there and don't move," I commanded him. "Okay!" he chirped. Sometimes keeping track of Sun was like having a toddler. You look away for three seconds and he's gone. Even worse, we were outside of a closed area, and it was dark.

I expected to have to spend at least five minutes trying to get the window open, but it easily slid open, much to my disappointment. "Tsk, tsk...Dear Y/N needs to have their windows reinforced, it seems," I said. "Come on, Sun. Try not to damage anything," I said as I helped him to the window. I carefully watched him climb inside, and I followed once he was in.

As soon as we were inside the house, I shut the window, locking it tight this time to ensure no one else could get in. "Oh, I found a light switch!" Sun piped from somewhere in the room. Before I could respond, the lights flicked on, and I blinked so my eyes could adjust. From the looks of it, we were inside a bedroom with clothes scattered about the floor, and an unpacked bag sitting in the corner that looked a bit familiar.

"Hey! Some of our stuff is here!" Sun screeched as he went through a drawer. "Sun, hush. We don't want any neighbors to hear. And what are you doing snooping around? Close the drawer," I said, closing the curtains. "No, really! Look!" Sun held up a child's drawing. "Any kid could've made that," I said. "No, this was taken from our room! See?" Sun pointed at a corner of the paper, and I went over to take a closer look.

To my surprise, he was right. In the bottom corner written in sloppy handwriting was "To: Sun From: Edward"

I stared at it briefly before looking inside the drawer to further inspect it. Inside, there were a few of Sun's plushies, a few small paintings of mine, and more children's drawings addressed to Sun. "Well, this is most definitely Y/N's house," I said as Sun put the drawing back. "Except I don't think she's here," I added. "Aww," Sun whined. "I'm sure she'll be back soon, Sunny. She probably found a different job. Or maybe she's at a friend's party or something," I said.

Sun perked back up. "We should throw a party for Y/N!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "How about we save that for another day? And maybe not at 10:00 at night?' I said, taking a seat on the bed. Sun joined me and kept talking about all the fun things we could do with Y/N when she came back.

However, I was having a bit of trouble paying attention because my battery was close to empty. All I heard from Sun was something about a slumber party when I lost all feeling in my body and the world turned black.

Y/N's pov:

I drove through town toward my house after a trip to the grocery store. Janet was so nice to ask me to start on a Friday since we got paid every Friday of the month, so I was able to get more food and condiments. I was starting to miss my {favorite food} in my pantry/fridge/freezer.

Now I just wanted to get home, eat dinner, and enjoy my weekend as much as I could. I pulled into my driveway and unloaded my groceries. I unlocked my door, placed the bags on the table, and began the long process of putting the items where they belonged, save for the one {favorite food} I was planning to eat for dinner.

After I had placed all the groceries in their rightful places, I put the bags inside the cabinet/bag dedicated to holding bags and began to prepare my meal.

After eating, I decided to shower and get to bed since it was pretty late, and I was starting to get tired. I made my way to my room and opened the door. However, I wasn't prepared for what I saw at all.

898 Words