8. Hearts in discrete

It was 5 in the morning and all one could hear now was the chirping of birds and light prayers from the temple next Street. It was very unusual for any of the memeber of the Malhotra's to wake up this early on any regular morning. But then again, it wasn't a regular morning.

Both Isha and Mr. Shiv couldn't sleep at night at all. They were in their respective rooms, lost somewhere in their deep thoughts. With some tears in their eyes and knots in their hearts.

While Adaa had slept for some 2 hours. But she too, woke up with a nightmare. Oh just how she wishes that all what papa said yesterday was a nightmare which she will wake up from soon. Too bad, it was all real.

After their conversation yesterday night, all of them were in a discrete with each other. Isha has been ignoring Lavanya's calls since yesterday and Adaa was willing to vent her anger on anyone out there. But she knows her limits.

"Bacche. Main andar aa jau?" Shiv asked Isha while knocking on her room door. He knows she's awake too. It's a father's instict.

"Aa jaeye." She answered quitly.

He went in and saw her sitting gloomily on the bed. So he too, without much noise went and sat on the bed besides her.

"I know what happened was all a bit too much to take in. And I also know I am the only one in a big fault for what happened. If only I was careful back then, would nothing like this ever have happened." On this, she stayed silent encouraging her father to speak further.

"But always remember a thing dear. In life there are some things which are not in our hand, but we need to cope with them and handle them wisely, no? Plus by God's grace both my daughters are a gem who are even more mature then me. Even though it feels like I am a criminal, and I am in this matter. Even though I have no right to ask for your or your sister's forgiveness, can I be a little selfish and ask for you to forgive me? As a pathetic father, may I ? Please bacche? By now both the father-daughter had tears in their eyes.

"You are always the best papa. No matter what. And we can never be angry with you ever. And you don't need to apologise to me or her. We love you always." Saying this Isha hugged her father.

"So much melodrama, I see." Commented Adaa making faces.

"Oh and you guys aren't even counting me in this hug huh? I am no one to you both? I see."
She said trying to make the environment a bit light.

"Yes. That's because you are adopted from out previous kaam wali bai." Said Isha with a blank 'I-am-serious' face.

"Hawww. I will never talk to you ever again." Adaa said and got away from the room.

"Tu jhooth to nahi bol rahi na? Pata hai main kabse iss din ki raah dekh rahi thi?" Saying this Isha also went out of the room winking at her father to tease Adaa more.

While their father just smiled at them. Oh, how he wish he could have been a better father. Then only could have he saved his precious daughters from the cruel intentions of this world.

One thing for sure, bhale wo dono use maaf kar de, par wo khud ko kabhi maaf nahi kar paenge.

~•~•~•~•~•~
Such an emotional chapter, no?

Well, I know it was very emotional but this heart to heart was a necessity.
Hope y'all likes this double update too.
Thanks!
~Arya(Chum_23)