44. The kiss

"Ohoo! So miss great Adaa is here! How does it feels to disrespect your husband like that whole day?" Nishad asked to Adaa sarcastically. Who was looking as if she caught a bhoot.

"Listen I-I can explain." She tried and shower him her hands in attempt to stop him from coming near her.

Not that it affected him, as he was nearing her with rushed steps now.

And she was running away from him.

"You know what? I don't care now. The way you were making fun of me, you deserve a whole bucket of water on your face. Like you threw on mine last time." He said and before she could reply he caught him.

From behind.

So now their position was him hugging her, more like caging her in his arms from behind.

"Chod mujhe. Chooooood." She almost screamed at him but he closed her mouth with his hands at the right time.

"Are you crazy? Chillake pore mohalle ko jagana hai kya? The matter is between us, a couple! So let's solve it like a mature couple." He said calmly but Adaa turned her head and looked at him wide eyed.

Even though he said the previous lines with pure intensions, this smart girl in his arms interpreted some different meaning of it.

"Ott duyu feen by kachur kokel?" She asked and he made a weird face at her.

"Kya bola? Dekh mujhe sirf insaano ki bhasha aati hai, janwaro ki nahi." He said sarcastically only to get a slap on his palm which was covering Adaa's mouth, by his wife.

Then only he remembered.

"Sorry." He pulled his palm back and gave her a sheepish smile while wrapping his hand around her waist. One hand was already there all while.

"Paagal aadmi. I was saying what do you mean by mature couple? Dekho, ye drame ek taraf and adultery ek taraf." She said and tried making a karate pose in the little space present between them.

He then understood what she means. Which bought another smirk on his face.

"Well, the idea ain't bad tho." He said and pulled her closer. She stumbled upon him and put her hands on his shoulder.

And looked at his face. He was as nervous as she was.

It was indeed new for both of them, this close proximity and the gushy feeling in their chest. These stomach churning butterflies and spark. Everything felt so foreign to them.

Foreign, yet beautiful.

"You don't know what you are saying." Adaa whispered, still looking in his eyes.

The gaze they both hold on each other was intense. Very intense.

"Trust me. I never knew something better ever." He replied.

And then, his gaze fluttered from her eyes to her lips and back. She could feel heat strocks reach upto her cheeks and neck. She was blushing. For real this time.

They knew it was not wrong, it was just sudden.

He came forward, and she didn't resist anymore.

Their lips were at a mere distance, and then it happened.

He kissed her. On the forehead.

She closer her eyes in contentment.

As much as they both wanted it to happen, both knew it wasn't the time. They both needed time, and weren't going to compromise with it for the momentary pleasure.

"Just because I've left you this time, doesn't mean I'll always. Idiot." Nishad said to lighten the very intense atmosphere. And went near the bed.

At first Adaa just looked at him like dumbfounded. But then, she turned towards the dressing table with a small smile.

This kiss meant a lot to her. A lot.

But this is Adaa we are talking about. She would never let Nishad have the satisfaction. So she loudly Said "Sadu" and walked away to the washroom.

Both of their heartbeats, like a broken record, beat very fast.

~~~

In the morning time, everyone settled in the hall. They were making plans about their day, while the two youngest couples were busy in something else.

One way, Isha and Vedant were a blushing mess. Because this morning, they were caught hugging by their maa and chachi in their room.

While on the other hand, Adaa and Nishad were busy glaring each other. Because Adaa said his chachu about how mean her husband is, and he overheard their conversation.

"Tu dekh ab main kya karta hu. Mean hah!" Nishad said and looked away.

"I don't remember speaking more truer words." She replied with sass.

"You-
"Get lost." She cut him midway and was making her way towards the garden when Vasant announced.

"Okay decided. First we are going to Bada Bagh, then Fort, then War museum & Nathmal ki haveli. Okay." He said.

And everyone knew it was going to be a big day.

~•~•~•~•~•~
I'm not blushing, you are.
(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

So,
Relationship or Marriage?