56. Hot talks

"Why do I feel as if someone is burning me with their gaze?" Joked Manik while swaying his body together with Adaa.

Who just gave him a nasty look but continued to dance her way with him anyways.

She knew she can't make a scene. Not because of the place but because of the fact that her ex best friend and lifetime bully is now her husband's best friend.

Who, she didn't knew he was, until today evening.

Thinking about it, Adaa realised even after these months of their marriage, they still don't know each other that well.

She never really cared. Nor did he. But compared to such stomach churning surprises, she'd rather prefer knowing her husband better.

We are going to have a big big talk today. Once we reach home from the stupid party.

She thought in her mind.

Soon after, their position changed. Now they both were standing more close to each other while Manik was looking at her eyes, her eyes were finding him.

"He's right behind me." Said Manik to Adaa, which gained her attention.

She looked at him with a raised brow and then, when he signaled her to look over his shoulder, she did. And found Nishad looking at them intently.

There was a man, almost in his sixties, standing besides Nishad talking to him with glasses of wines in there hand. But he wasn't even listening. And it was very clear the way he looked.

His face was hard and his eyes were on them.

And then their eyes met. He looked angry, disappointed and somewhat...jealous.

Stop it Adaa! What the hell are you thinking about.

She dodged this thought out of her head and continued dancing with Manik for a minute or two. Until she asked him.

"How'd you know he was there and staring at us?" Her hands were on his chest and his around her waist.

"I know his gaze pretty well now. He don't like sharing what's his." He told her with a soft smile.

"And the dance we are doing right now, so sensually, I'm sure he's burning with jealousy." He said and closed his eyes with a smile, all while swaying his body on the beat with rhythm to hers.

Her mind stopped processing for a second.

"What do you mean by jealous? He is NOT jealous and I know it very well." She said looking everywhere but his eyes.

He slowly opened his eyes and first looked at Nishad, who was still staring at them. This time, with an even harder & colder look.

Then he looked back at Adaa and said with a smile.

"Well...his face says something else."

"And how'd you know?" She asked clicking her tongue.

"Cause the way he has been looking at you all evening, it's very clear, Mrs. Nishad Goyal, that he's in love with you." He said and took a round with her in his arms, then dipped her in air. Only to make her gasp.

Gasp, both at the sudden steps and his words.

Then, without a single further word, he left her and went in an unknown direction. While she stood there all alone, whole agaping her mouth like a fish.

That, until she felt a tug at her left hand.

And within one minute, she was been taken out of the party. Only did she stopped when she and the one who puller her were in the parking lot.

"You don't get to flirt with your husband's best friend, Mrs. Adaa Goyal." Nishad said with greeted teeth.

His hold on her hand was very tight that she was sure it will leave bruise on it the next day.

"Do you have an idea what the hell you are talking about right now?" She asked him trying to get her hands out of his grip.

But he was either too adamant, or too angry to let her go.

"You. Mrs Adaa Nishad Goyal, better keep it in your mind, that you belong with me! And are NOT supposed to flirt with any other man.

Whether you like it or not." They didn't realised how close they were standing.

They could feel each other's breaths and were practically breathing over each other.

"First of all YOU.." she backed him away with her steps as he hit the wall behind them. And pointed her well painted finger on his chest.

"...YOU, don't get to talk about what I am or whom I belong with." She got a big closer to him and looked in his eyes.

"And secondly, I wasn't flirting with him. I don't know if you'll believe me over your best friend or not but, it was him who approached me first." She was looking straight in his eyes with anger.

She was a no shit woman who took no one's useless attitude in.

And she was proud of it.

"And why do you even care whom I am with or what am I doing. For all you care I could be sleeping in my room, working, or sleeping with one of my male fr.."

"I dare you to complete this sentence." Before Adaa could complete talking, Nishad flipped her over and spoke with authority.

Now, in their position, she was stuck between the wall and him.

~•~•~•~•~

*No thoughts by author*

Pinterest or Instagram?