22. Engagement

As the days flew fast, the sisters were starting to get wedding jitters as they say in movies and books.

Isha was nervous as of what her groom is like while Adaa was making a wholesome plan in her mind on how she's going to torture her dear future husband and future father in law for making her father suffer.

Yes, she still thinks Vasant Goyal is in fault. Her elder sister and father hasn't told her the reality yet.

Nor are they planning to tell anytime soon.

"Adaa, bacche come on. We have to go and YOU ARE STILL NOT READY?" Lavanya came inside Adaa's hotel room to take her towards the hall for their ring exchange ceremony but here she is sitting on her bed in just her lehenga's blouse and a cotton shorts underneath. Munching on a packet of Peri peri flavoured chips and cola.

"Calm down Lavy di. We have plenty of time left. So just chill.'' Adaa replied slurping on her cola.

There was Doraemon running on the television.

Seriously? It's her engagement in few hours and the girl is watching Doraemon? Lavy thought.

"Just shut up you dimhead. Go and get ready ASAP." She shouted on Adaa. Who in reply, just gave her a stinky look. But got up to get ready nonthless.

"Such a torture." Adaa muttered while going towards her vanity.

"This kid. What am I gonna do with her." Lavy said while rubbing her forehead.

While on the other side of the floor, there was another Malhotra offspring which was nervous as hell. Due to three reasons-

First, she's getting married.
Second, she don't know whom she's married. Even after knowing it all she didn't had the guts to ask her father who is the groom.
And third, the whole Goyal family knows her. That's what her father told her.

So she, without an ounch of peace since last night, was only roaming here and there. Pacing like a mad woman.

"Calm down buddy. Everything's going to be fine. I understand what you must be feeling right now. A few days ago mera bhi yahi haal tha." Lavy tried to consol Isha.

"I know but...I can't help this weird feeling in my stomach. It feel so unreal and bizzare and overwhelming.. I don't even know what it feels like." She said on the verge of tears. This feeling sure is confusing and really tough to cope up with.

"Hey hey buddy. Calm down. Tu abhi nahi rone wali. Sara makeup kharab ho jaega tera. Fir tu chudail lagegi. Tere mangetar ne wese hi bhaag Jana hai tujhe dekhke. Lavanya hugged her and tried an attempt to make her laugh. Which worked.

And after a while, she along with Isha and Barkha along with Adaa made there way towards the hall, where more surprises were waiting to be unfolded...

~•~•~•~•~•~