⁷ Meeting the family

Pairing: Charlie Weasley x female!reader (she/her)

Word count: approx. 700

Warnings: nothing

Summary: Your nervous about meeting the Weasley family got the best of you. (for a moment)

‿‿‿‿ ‿‿‿‿ ‿‿‿‿

It was nearly Christmas, the white snow was covering the ground for a few days now and the cold winter weather made it impossible to stay outside for a long period of time. The harsh wind that blew through the open grounds of the sanctuary froze off any part of your body that wasn’t covered as soon as you stepped outside to make your way over to your boyfriend's place. Your fingers went numb almost immediately, the weight of the luggage that you’re dragging behind you in the snow made itself known in an almost painful way.

Luckily your path wasn’t that long and before you knew it you opened the door. The warm air coming from the open fireplace greeted you and engulfed your whole body in warmth. You dropped the bag on the ground, moving your fingers around to get a feeling back into them. You looked around the small living room, the table in the corner was clean, the dishes from earlier that day had already been moved and hopefully cleaned. Not spotting your boyfriend in the room or through the open door in the kitchen you decided to step closer to the fireplace.

You were too concentrated at the fire and warming your hand that you didn't notice a person moving around in the background. “Hello, love,” a deep and very familiar voice greeted you, “ready for the big trip?” You turned around coming face to face with the chest of your boyfriend, Charlie Weasley. Looking closer at his shirt you noticed that he cleaned up nicely, his normal work clothes were gone and replaced by a clean and not yet destroyed or ripped shirt. You started smiling almost immediately, your arms going around his middle pulling him towards you in a warm hug. You always felt safe in his arms, his smell and warm body were always without a doubt able to calm all your nerves down, no matter what.

“Not really.” You told him. The nerves of meeting his whole family for the very first time hit you like lightning again. He always spoke so lovingly and highly about everyone and you really did not wanna mess up their relationship or cause any unwanted drama between him and his parents or one of his many siblings.

“What’s wrong, love?” He asked you in his soft voice and before you could say anything or do anything he pulled you towards the couch, his arms going around your middle and sitting you down into his lap. “Baby you know that you have nothing to worry about? I can tell you already that they’ll all love you,” he tried to reassure you.

“I know, I know.” You replied quickly, “it’s just the nerves. I don’t want to cause any unwanted tension between you and your parents or siblings. Especially now, it’s almost Christmas.”

“Sweetheart please don’t worry,” Charlie’s answer was quick. He pulled you towards his chest. You pressed your face into his neck, inhaling his scent. “Mother has been asking about you non stop for weeks now.” He chucked. You looked up to him and saw his smile, his eyes already watching you.

“Really?” You asked excitedly, a smile already forming on your lips. Carefully he pulled your face away from his neck. “Yes really, baby.”

“Bill will be excited too. He always nagged me about finally finding a girl, you know.” He added.

“The twins, well they’ll probably use you as a test object at one point. But they are nice, most of the time.”

That brought yet another smile to your face. You’ve heard many stories of the infamous Weasley twins from your boyfriend. He was incredibly proud of them, even if they drove him mad more than once.

“I think I’m ready.” After that you leaned forward kissing Charlie on the lips. “You know, I’m proud of you for taking that step.” He answered.

Getting up he took your luggage from the ground and your hand in his free one. “I won’t mind more of those kisses in the future” he softly added.

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

Credits: choasartic