CHAPTER TEN

CARE

Lucas pov

She is sleeping peacefully in my arms, I have been staring at her,and caressing her face.

She's so young,yet she has gone through so much..I feel like i failed her.

"My precious mate" I mustered

She stirred in her sleep,as she creased her eyebrows before opening her eyes slowly.
She has the most perfect blue eyes I have ever seen...

Noticing I was staring..she quickly averted her eyes away from my face, her neck and cheeks turning red.

I chuckles..she's so perfect, and she is all mine..

She pulled away from my hands that were holding her and sat up straight..

I looked at her but as usually she has her head bent down.

I gently used my hands to caress her face before lifting her face,so I could look at her properly

"Did you enjoy you nap, darling"i asked her

She nodded her head.

"That's good, baby how about a special tour of the Palace from me"..

I could see the shock on her face,that's when I realised I didn't tell her the part about me being the king of warkinkle.

I could already see fear starting to come on her face, how could I forget such detail..

"O..oh,thats true baby",...I took her hands into me...

"Am also the king, am sorry I didn't tell you soon enough but don't worry there is nothing to be scared of, you now have me" ..I had to ensure her and make her understand how much she means to me, nothing else in this world is precious to me than she is.

I see the hestation in  here eyes before she nodded her head slowly.

"Alright...so how about a special tour around the Palace when I get back...
The Palace is really huge so maybe we will just do a few places..you still need to rest yourself..

She nodded her head

I placed both my hands on her cheeks and caress her face...
I am so glad she is responding to me, even if is just her nods

"So I will leave you for now,the maids will be here to help you clean up and get you dressed, while you were sleeping I had them fill the closet with clothes and shoes for you
You can choose whatever you want to wear.....
Also i was thinking, from now on you will be staying with me here in my chambers.."

"Are you okay with that"?.I asked,I don't want to do anything she doesn't want to do.

I saw her eyes quivering at my request

"I just want you to be closer to me darling, please Will you stay"...

She blinked her eyes as she chewed on her lip,is this how she looks when she's thinking about something.....she looks cute.

Finally,she looked at me and nodded her head...

I smiled,am so happy

"And i will just be in my study..once they are done I will be back,okay:

I see the hesitation in her eyes before she agreed....

I smiled down at her and hugged her to my body...she's so precious to me,I have to keep her safe....

After a few minutes there was a knock on the door

"Come inside" I instructed.

The butler and four other maids entered,they all bowed.

"Your majesty",..they all chorus

"Ensure you take care of her and do whatever she wants,no questions asked"....instructed lucas.
he left for his study where Mark waited for him.

In the study

"Your majesty",Mark bowed as lucas entered the study,he took a sat on the couch and poured himself a drink

"Any report for the day"asked lucas

mark read from his ipad.

"The security reinforcement has been placed in the North,The land of vales has Been reinstated with a new supreme chief as you ordered, and the people voted farely.
Also your brother prince Ethan will be arriving with his mate in four days time and princess Aliana will be back from her trip to the viscount's auction.

And the remaining reports that has to do with the financial aspect of the kingdom are on your table"...mark reported..

"Okay good,has anyone from the counsel asked about my mate"

"Not yet",

"Good,keep it that way,I don't want them to start with their questions and nonsense,she has to recover fully before anyone know of her existence"...instructed lucas

"Yes, don't worry everyone in the Palace has been instructed to keep shut and because of the secrecy clause they know what is at stake"..said mark

"And the only other person that know is Beth,who is under control".. Mark continued to say

"Now you mentioned him,make sure he doesn't die I still have alot I want to show him"..said lucas

"For now, all your focus should be on your mate,leave the rest to me"

Lucas got up from the couch,went to his desk to get back to work

Stars pov

I have never felt this happy in my life,finding my mates.
I don't know if I would ever recover from the abuse and trauma I passed through, but this once in my life I feel so happy and safe.

Lucas,that's his name..he is taking good care of me and this is just the first day knowing him,I can't still believe that my life changed in one night...

I can't still believe he is the king, that part still scares me,does that mine I will be the queen...I don't think I can do that,who will want to have a queen who is too afraid to even talk and I look so bad with all this scars,I don't this I can accept that role.

I just hope lucas will not pressure me to be the queen...I can't even handle myself, how will I handle a whole kingdom.

I exhaled...I am sitting in the room looking outside the huge window,everything about this place fascinate me.

Right now, two maids are preparing my bath while two others are in the large closet I saw early,preparing my cloth...

I don't know if am comfortable with them seeing my bruises and scars...

After they were done preparing my bath,
I entered the bathroom slowly,it's so huge and beautiful..I stood there lost in the beauty,before I heard a voice

"Your grace",Is there any problem

I turn to look at the maid,wait is she talking to Me.....

I tried to compose myself before,I looked at her and I shook my head...
I looked at the door and back at her..I did this twice before be finally understood what I wanted

"Do you want us to leave, your grace"

I nodded my head immediately

"Okay,she bowed.."please excuse us"she said,
before she and the other maid left and closed the door behind them.

I breathed out the air I didn't know I was holding, thank god she understood what I meant..

This way I will be about to clean up myself...

As I took off the robe on my body,I turned and saw the reflection of my body on the mirror. I paused and looked at my body.
I hate looking at my body, it's so disgusting with all this marks, scars and blemishes..
I felt my heart squeeze...

I didn't know tears had already started leaving my eyes, till I tasted that salty taste in my mouth

Why would lucas want somebody like me..