4 | that was rude, even for you

S1 E2

S1 E2

the first cut is the deepest

"WHY DID YOU put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie complains, as the interns stand at the nurse's station.

"I do want roommates, we're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?" Meredith replies.

"No. Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?" Cristina asks Meredith about the coffee.

"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there." George complains.

"It's not a bribe, I don't think it's a good idea." Meredith tells Cristina and then George.

"But I can put down last, first and deposit." He tells Meredith.

"It's totally a bribe." Maddison comments about the coffee.

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner." Izzie says.

"No. I just want three total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte." Meredith says finally.

"Hey, I hate small take, don't talk about my feeling or crap and I don't give a damn if you're nice to me or not." Maddison tells her. "I need to move out of the hotel. So?"

Meredith pauses.

"Fine, you can move in." Meredith tells the girl who smirks.

"What?!" Izzie and George complain.

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith, take the trauma pager, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Maddison, Izzie, you're on sutures." Bailey walks up the stairs.

"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?" Meredith offers.

"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too." Cristina cuts Bailey off who was about to say something.

"Yeah, me too." Izzie adds.

"Respectfully, I think I am the only one who's actually ready." Maddison comments.

"I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everybody else is..." George bites into an apple.

"Stop talking." Bailey cuts in. "Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures." Bailey grabs the mocha latte. "No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins." She walks up the stairs.