77 | naked is debatable

S3 E2

S3 E2

i am a tree

"AND THAT'S A ROYAL FLUSH." Liam throws down his cards on the small hospital table with a smirk. "Take em off."

"Oh, come on!" Maddison groans, throwing the cards down. "You're so cheating."

"No one like a sore loser, sweetheart." Liam tells him. "Lose em."

"Agh, I hate poker." Maddison groans, and grabs the ends of her scrub top, pulling it off, just as the door to the room opens.

"I brought you pudding." Irene announces, and looks in the room, as Maddison yelps and falls down the bed and Liam's eyes widen. "Oh, my God!"

"Mum!" Liam yells, as Maddison scrambles for her scrub. "I told you to stay home today!"

"Mom?" Maddison's eyes widen in horror.

His mother immediately steps out, looking away, but keeps the door a bit open in order to hear each other.

"I wanted to surprise you!" Irene replies.

"What happened to knocking?!" Liam yells back.

"Well, forgive me for not considering you would be going at it in a hospital room!" Irene replies, as Maddison pulls on her scrub top. Irene lets out a breath. "Okay, fine. My fault for not knocking." She goes to close the door. "I'll just go to the cafeteria or something-"

"No, no!" Maddison stands up. "Um, it's fine. You can come in, I'm decent." Irene waits a moment, then cautiously looks in. Finding everything to be okay she slowly steps in.

"I'm sorry for the interruption, dear." Irene looks at Maddison.

"Mom!" Liam groans.

"Well, for what it's worth, you weren't kidding about the gorgeous part." Irene smiles at the intern, as Maddison looks pleasantly surprised.

"Mom!" Liam warns.

"Oh, hush." Maddison waves her hand towards Liam. "I see good looks are in your genes."

"Oh, you flatter me dear." Irene chuckles, as Maddison holds out her hand.

"Not at all." Maddison replies, as they shake hands.