5 | are you kidding me right now

S1 E2

S1 E2

the first cut is the deepest

"DR. BAILEY, YOU PAGED." Maddison approaches Bailey who was talking to an attending.

"Yes, Maddison, this is Dr. William." Bailey tells her. "You're on his service today."

Maddison looks at the attending, only to find that he was the same attending that Cristina and her had ran into in the cafeteria.

"Uh, Dr. Bailey, I think-" Maddison tries to say.

"Sloan." Bailey cuts her off. "Do I look like a person who cares what you think?"

"No, ma'am." Maddison replies.

"Good." Bailey says and walks away.

"Uh..." Maddison trails off, finally turning to look at Dr. William.

"Follow me." William tells her and they start walking. "You'll be monitoring my pre-op patients." He hands her the charts. "And more importantly, you'll be discharging my post-op patients, I've been told there isn't enough space for the patient." Maddison's eyebrows furrow at his statement and she stops walking so Dr. William turns to look at her. "What? With me and my ego in this hospital? There's not enough room for all of us."

"Dr. William-" The tip of Maddison's ears turn red.

"Save it." He cuts her off, looking amused, as he walks away.

MADDISON WALKS OUT after checking the vitals of one of William's pre-op patient, when he rushes down the hallway.

"Come on, Dr. Bailey paged me." He tells Maddison. "They found the rapist."

"I SAW ALLISON, you can't believe the beating that she took. And then to see this..." Meredith says, as the three girls were standing across the operating table where Dr. William and Dr. Bailey were working.

"It's like that old saying, you should see the other guy." Cristina says.

"In his case, it was well deserved." Maddison says, with disgust.

"Why are we not attempting to reattach the severed penis?" Bailey asks.

"Teeth don't slice, they tear, you can only reattach with a clean cut." Maddison answers.

"If she wanted to slice him off with a knife..." Cristina trails off.

"Not a bad idea." Maddison comments.

"Besides, the digestive juices didn't leave much of the flesh to work with." Meredith adds.

"Right, so what do we do?" Bailey asks again.

"Sew him up minus a large part of the family jewels." Cristina answers.

"And his outlook?" Bailey questions.

"He'll be urinating out of a bag for a very, very long time." Meredith answers.

"Not to mention he'll never be able to have sex again." Maddison adds.

"Oh, too bad." Meredith replies.

"Shame." Cristina comments.

"A terrible loss to the world, I'm sure. Let's all take a moment to grieve." William speaks up, clearly sarcastically. "Clamp."

MADDISON RUNS UP to Dr. William, out of breath as she hands him the charts.

"4022, 36, 52, 58, 63, 79 and 85 are ready to be discharged. 4013 complained of some pain, so I gave him a dose of morphine. 4045, 53, 66, 87 and 93 have stable vitals and have their surgeries scheduled for tomorrow." She tells the attending, huffing.

"Good work, Sloan." William nods.

"Anything else, sir?" She asks, clearly exhausted.

"Uh, yes, actually." William tells her, making her look up at him indignantly while he seemed unbothered, filling out a chart. "I wasn't about to ask you, but well, since you were so kind enough to ask."

"Of course." Maddison replies, with gritted teeth, as he smirks.

"I lost my black pen." William tells her.

"You lost you pen?" Maddison repeats.

"Yes, you have excellent hearing." William tells her.

"I meant, what am I supposed to do about that." She snaps a little, and he raises an eyebrow, amused. "Sir."

"Find it." He tells her, clicking off his pen and shutting the file.

"You want me to find your pen?" Maddison asks in disbelief.

"That is what I said, yes." He replies, calmly. "It's a mountblanc. You know, it's a luxury brand."

"Are you kidding me right now?" Maddison asks him, then trails back when she sees his raise his eyebrow again. "I mean, are you trying to make a joke, Dr. William?"

"Look at my face, Dr. Sloan." He tells her and she does. "Does this look like the face of a man who makes jokes often?"

"No, sir." Maddison replies.

"Then go find my pen." He tells her.

Maddison turns around and walks away, failing to notice the smirk on the attending's face after she left.

"You're making her run after a pen?" Bailey asks from behind him.

"Dr. Bailey." William greets. "Just trying to keep the interns working."

"Of course, Dr. William." Bailey replies, not believing a word. "And is that the pen in your coat pocket?"

"Have a good one, Dr. Bailey." William tells her Bailey, smiling and walking away.