52 | it's not that big of a deal

S2 E16it's the end of the world

S2 E16
it's the end of the world

"SO, WHAT'S GOING ON?" Addison asks the intern, as they walk down a hallway.

"Um, Bailey's in labor, George is being creepy about it, Meredith has a feeling, Alex wants to get laid, Izzie doesn't, and Cristina..." Maddison shrugs. "She's Cristina."

"I meant with you and Liam." Addison turns to the girl, amused.

"Oh, that." Maddison replies, casually. "Yeah, we're officially dating now."

"What? Maddy that's huge!" Addison tells the girl.

"It's not that big of a deal." Maddison tells her, indifferent.

"Oh, It so is!" Addison replies. "This is you dating since after..."

"After high school." Maddison answers. "I don't date, again, it's not a big deal."

"Oh, we are so meeting up for wine and gossip later." Addison tells them, as they make their way to the scrubbing room.

In the scrubbing room, Burke was scrubbing up, when Derek walks up.

"Dr. Burke." Derek greets, starting to scrubbing.

"Dr. Shepherd." Burke nods.

"Okay, can you two be weird later?" Liam asks them, joining, as Addison and Maddison walk up.

"Hey." Derek tells the two, and Liam smiles.

"Hey. You've got Dr. Bailey's husband on the table?" Addison asks.

"Bailey's husband is going into surgery?" Burke asks.

"Got into a car accident trying to get to the hospital before the birth." Derek nods. "At first I thought it was just neural, but turns out there's some internal bleeding, so Liam's scrubbing in with me."

"What do we tell Bailey?" Maddison asks the attendings.

"Nothing. Let's just wait until I get in there and see how bad the damage is." Derek replies. "Have something concrete to tell her."

"Yeah, no use upsetting her until we know." Addison agrees, and Burke turns to Maddison.

"Dr. Sloan, you want to scrub in for my chest wound patient?" He asks.