63 | honey, you look a little cray-cray

S2 E22the name of the game

S2 E22
the name of the game

MADDISON WALKS INTO Joe's bar, going up to the counter, adjacent to Meredith, who sat there, knitting.

"Hey, Joe, get me a vodka with ice tea. I need to go and play charades at Burke and Cristina's." Maddison tells the bartender, he puts her drink in front of her, as both of them turns to Meredith.

"Dude, is she knitting?" Joe asks Derek, who walks up to the bar.

"Um, Mer, sweetie?" Maddison says to her friend. "What are you doing?"

"You know, as a friend, I got to tell you, you look a little weird." Derek tells Meredith.

"Which is a nicer way of saying, honey, you look a little cray-cray." Maddison tells her, making Derek give her a look of disbelief, and Meredith to glare a little at her.

"I am making a sweater." Meredith replies.

"You're knitting. In a bar." Joe tells her. "You can't knit in a bar. You're scaring the customers. Maddy's wearing a dress, and you're still going to scare them away."

Maddison winks at Joe.

"Come on, have a drink." Derek says.

"Yeah, let's drink." Maddison nods.

"I can't have a drink." Meredith tells them, continuing to knit. "I'm celibate."

"You mean sober?" Maddison asks.

"She means sober." Joe tries.

"No. Celibate." Meredith shakes her head. "I'm practicing celibacy, and drinking does not go well with celibacy, because it makes everything and everyone seem kind of porn-y. And then my head gets all cloudy and then the next thing you know, I'm naked. And my point is, I'm celibate, and knitting is good for surgical dexterity, so I'm making a sweater."

"You, celibate? I just don't buy it." Derek shakes his head.

"No more men." Meredith replies, as Addison walks up.

"No more men? Really? You?" Addison asks, raising an eyebrow. "And I'm asking because we are friends."

"Every guy I meet turns out to be married." Meredith tells them.