5

A few weeks later Tae still hadn't gotten her period so she took a pregnancy test.

She took the stick out the box, peeing on it. She sat it on her bathroom sink and waited. Tae paced the floor back and forth until the results were done. "Fuck!" She threw the test on the ground.

She called Dee telling him she had something important to tell him that he couldn't tell anybody not even the other boys.

"Who it's about?" He asked as if she was just telling somebody else's business.

"Me nigga who else?" She slightly raised her voice. "I'm pre-" She stopped herself. She asked him who he was around. Dee told her he wasn't around anyone, which was true but Tae was worried Ja'Quan was lurking in the background somewhere.

"Ok Dee if I tell you thi-"

"I won't tell nobody I promise."

Tae hesitated for a while before spitting it out. "I'm pregnant."

Dee got silent. He had so many questions but he didn't know which one to ask first. He asked her who the father was. Tae told him it was none of his concern to which he replied with, "Tell me or I'm telling the group."

Tae knew if she didn't tell him who it was he really would tell. But she also knew if he found out who it was he'd run back and tell him. Either way it was a lose lose.

"You got two weeks Tae." Dee hung up leaving Tae speechless.

Another week had passed Tae still didn't tell Dee who the father was so that meant she only had one week to confess.

They were almost a month into what they called their "forever summer' but hadn't hung out that much. Tae was isolating herself from the boys. She didn't wanna talk to Ja'Quan and he clearly didn't wanna talk to her.

The mark on her back from the lockers was almost gone after weeks of pain and redness. It was still a little purple but it wasn't that noticeable.

Tae was chilling in her room, ready to take a nap when she got a text from Dee telling her to be ready, he was on his way to get her.

"Ugh I'm not in the mood." She complained as she got dressed. Even though she didn't wanna see Ja'Quan, she still went. It wasn't fair that she iced out all the boys because of him.

Once she was dressed she heard Dee pulling up in front of the house. "Bye mama I'm going with Dee." She shouted before exiting the house.

"Tae Tae!" Tim shouted, not taking his eyes off of Dee's tv as he heard Tae's voice.

"Hi Tim." She sat on the couch close to him.

Tim was playing 2k23 with Derran. He laid on the floor in front of the couch with one leg up and the other laid flat.

"Where you been." He reached back, squeezing her leg.

She told him she just wanted time to herself since she hung out with nobody else but a bunch of boys. She also told him she was feeling a little sick lately. Which was true due to unfortunate circumstances.

"I know why she been sick lately." Dee made a menacing smile.

"Dee shut up." She smacked him in his head.

"Damn Tae I was just boutta say you sick of seeing Tim's big head ass."

"Man Tae love me." Tim smacked his lips still not taking his eyes off of that tv.

"Dee let me holler at you real quick." She motioned for him to go to the kitchen. Once in the kitchen she told him to stop trynna be messy by telling her business. He acted like he didn't know what she was talking about causing her to hit him again.

"I'm serious Dee. Ion want nobody thinking or knowing nothing yet." She whispered.

"Who gone be thinking what?" Ja'Quan joined in also whispering. Tae told him it was nothing and he should be focusing on better things that didn't involve her.

Dee could feel the tension between the two but didn't say anything, not wanting to get in the middle.

Later that night Tae decided Ja'Quan needed to know what was going on with her as far as her being pregnant.  She called him over. She said she had something important to tell him and wanted to tell him face to face.

"What's going on Ma, you ok?" He had a concerned look on his face.

"Yea I'm fine I jus-" She held her stomach feeling her mouth water. "I ju-"

Tae quickly rushed to the bathroom to throw up in the toilet. "Tae you don't seem good. You sure you ok?" He queried.

"No Q." She began crying. "I'm pregnant. You got me pregnant." She fell into his arms.

"Why you ain't tell me sooner?" He asked. She told him she didn't wanna talk to him after how he treated her. He felt bad about what he did to her. He could do nothing but comfort her. He rubbed her back up and down accidentally revealing the barely visible mark on her back.

"Tae what's this?" Ja'Quan pulled her shirt down a little more to uncover the bruise.

"Wh- Oh that's from when you um...when you pushed me into the lockers. It was a lot worse." she giggled, still crying, showing him the picture she took weeks prior to that.

"Tae this shit not funny. I hurt you. You shouldn't be laughing." He said staring at her.

She said nothing.