8

Tae waited patiently for Ja'quan to let her know when he was downstairs.

"I'm here, let's go." He spoke to her over the phone.

"I'll be right down." She hung up, grabbing her purse.

When Tae got downstairs her moms boyfriend was sitting at the kitchen table. "Where are you going little girl?" He asked. Tae ignored him and walked straight out the house.

Getting into the car Tae told Ja'quan about her moms weird as boyfriend to which he told her to ignore his ass, if shit got serious, he'd air his ass out.

"Q you ain't gone do nothing." Tae joked. "But seriously we need to go before he come to that door tweaking." She put her seatbelt on.

"Ight, ight. But we gotta make another stop first." Tae said ok then they drove off.

"Whose house is this?" Tae examined the unfamiliar house.

"Hey baby daddy!" Cam came out the house shouting.

"Um Q what is this?" Tae turned her head to face him.

"Tae don't start with me." Ja'quan laughed trynna stop himself from cussing her out. "She need a ride and since she pregnant with my baby I ain't got no choice."

"Whatever Ja'quan. Just take me to the store." Tae sat back in her seat with her arms folded. She didn't like Cam and she didn't think Ja'quan liked her either.

"Tae I am not worried about yo-"

"Just shut up and sit back. Y'all finna stress me out." Ja'quan sighed.

Cam had to go to the store to get stuff for the baby and since the store she needed to go to was closest, they went there first.

"Unt unt, what is this!" Tae asked, looking at the store. "I didn't ask to come here."

"Then stay in the car Tae, I really don't give a fuck."

"Fuck you Ja'quan." Tae pouted.

"Bitch didn't I say quit calling me that." He yoked her up by the shirt. "You been bitching this whole ride, be lucky I ain't make you walk."

Tae sat there in disbelief. He really just called her a bitch.

"Ok Q. Go help her shop or whatever." She rolled her eyes. Ja'quan walked behind Cam, going into the store. Tae didn't plan on being there when he came back out.

"Fuck this shit." Tae spoke to herself as she got out the car. She didn't have time for Cam or Ja'quans bullshit. She felt like he purposely brought Cam with them to piss her off.

It was almost 80 degree outside but Tae didn't care. She was gonna walk.

About an hour into her walk, Tae received a bunch of calls from Ja'quan. "To the block list you go."

It took Tae about 2 hours but she finally made it home without passing out.

"Aye where were you?" Tae's, moms, boyfriend asked, grabbing Tae.

"Nigga you better release me before I yell rape." She pushed his hand off of her.

"Just wait til I tell yo mama." She heard him say as she walked up the stairs.

"Yo?" Tim answered the phone.

"Can you come get me?" Tae asked him. He asked her why she needed him to take her.

"I thought you was going with Jay." Tim sounded confused. Tae told him she was supposed to but then he picked up Cam and Tae didn't feel like being annoyed today so she left.

"You walked home in that hot ass heat? Alone?!" Tim spoke. Tae told him it wasn't that big a deal and she was fine. Tim told her he'd be there in about 15 minutes so she better be at the door, ready to go.

"Finally." Tae walked outside to Tim's car. "You took way longer than 15 minutes."

"Yea I had to make a little pit stop but I'm here now." He smiled. Tim had nice pearly white teeth.

"Tim you think Q still fucking her?" Tae asked. Tim's eyes widened.

"Damn straight to the point huh?"

"Im so serious. You should see how he treated me because I complained about her being there." Tae said.

"Tae he just looking out for his baby moms. Ion think he still fucking the bitch. But if he was, why would you care?" Tim turned his head to Tae then back to the road. "I get y'all fucked and everything but y'all not together."

What Tim was saying was true. They weren't together. But Ja'quan knew how Tae felt about him and she thought he felt the same.

"If he was fucking her would you tell me?" Tae asked Tim. He told her it was none of his business but if they were together then yea he'd tell her.

"Tae Imma just tell you like this, you better leave his ass alone before he do you in." Tim shrugged.

Tae didn't want to leave Ja'quan alone. She wanted to be with him but he didn't too much seem ready to commit to her and only her.

"Look. We gone go in this mall, find you a sexy ass outfit to wear to the party, then you can find a new baby daddy." Tim joked. His joke made Tae laugh.

"I don't want a new baby daddy." She stated. "I just want Q."

Tim huffed in annoyance. "Tae he gone hurt you, but Imma be here for you when he do.