21

Tae's mother walked through the room doors. She sat in the chair next to Tae's bed, crossing her legs.

"Q called me. I just wanted to come check up and see how you was doin." She held onto her newly bought Prada bag. "I don't know if you want to talk to me or not."

"Bitch you damn right I don't want to talk to you. You chose yo stank ass boyfriend over me!"

Tae pressed the button to call for the nurse so she could be removed.

"You chose a rapist over yo own flesh and blood but the second something bad happen you wanna be mother of the year?!"

Tears formed in her mothers eyes "I didn't choose him over you. You lied on him and left." She wiped the tear that ran down her face away.

Was this bitch serious??!

"Lied? Why would I lie about something like that?!" She pressed the button again. The nurses weren't coming quick enough.

"He would never li-" Her mother got cut off by the nurses entering the room.

"Why y'all take so long? Get her up outta my room before I do something to her." Tae tried her best to sit up, but the pain was too much.

She still couldn't believe Q shot her. How could you shoot someone you claim you love?

"If the patient doesn't want you here, I'm afraid you'll have to leave." The nurse escorted her out of Tae's room.

"Anything else?" the nurse asked, Tae shook her head no.

The nurse left, Tae fell asleep within the next hour or so.

The next morning, Tae woke up to the sound of her room door opening.

It was Ja'quan.

"Hey mama, how you feelin?" He handed Tae a variety of snacks.

"I don't wanna talk to you Ja'quan. Leave me alone." Tae went to reach for the remote.

Ja'quan quickly snatched it before Tae could reach it "I just wanna talk."

"Ain't shit to talk bout. You shot me, fuck out my face." Tae reached for the remote again but stopped once she felt the pain in her stomach again.

Jaquan disconnected the remote from the cord it was attached to, hiding it under his leg.

He wasn't giving it to her until she let him explain why he shot her.

"Why'd you fuck Tim? Out of all people." Jaquan folded his hands together.

Tae stopped to think for a second. Why did she fuck him?

Was it to get back at Q? Was it because he was the only one there for her at her time of need?

Tae knew she didn't know the true answer to that question, so she lied.

"I didn't fuck him. Dee lied to get a reaction out of you, and you gave him one." She shrugged.

She was tired of talking about the same shit over again, but since they were on the topic...

"Remember you told me I couldn't be mad when you got Cam pregnant? Because we weren't together, right?  That same shit applies here. You dogged me out for Cam now you're mad at a rumor?" Tae went on a mini rant.

Q told her that situation was completely different but truth was, it wasn't and if it were, it was worse.

"How's its different Jaquan? Because you wasn't fuckin with me how I was fuckin with you?" Tae was getting heated.

"That's not even close to the case." Jaquan was over arguing, he wanted to leave before things escalated.

Tae was so angry she let something she shouldn't have slip out her mouth.

"You know what? I did fuck Tim and his dick was way better than yours ever was!" Tae shouted to Q who was almost out the door.

Ja'quan stopped dead in his tracks, turning around to face Tae, he swung.

Tae screamed in pain, holding her face she shouted, "What the fuck Q!"

He left out the room leaving Tae there, face aching.

20 minutes later Tim came in with extra clothes for Tae, her phone, and her charger.

Tim sat her phone on the counter, plugging the charger in, then he looked at her face.

"Tae what the fuck happened?!" He held her face up.

"I-I fell." Tae lied "I tried to get the remote off the floor and fell."

She knew she couldn't tell Tim about Ja'quan being there. Tim would've spazzed out and there would've been nothing Tae could do about it.

"Did you call the nurse when you fell?" Tim asked.

"Naw. There wasn't no need for that."

Tim sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"They said you can leave in exactly 2 weeks since the gunshot wasn't too fatal." Tim smiled, rubbing the side of her face.

Tae was happy to hear that, she got paranoid at night. She needed someone to stay there with her.

"I do have to work today but I'll be back later tonight." Tim sat the clothes on the counter as well then gave Tae a kiss on the forehead.

Tae stayed alone in her hospital room for a few hours before her next visitor came in.

Next to come in was Derran.

He texted her ahead of time letting her know he was coming. But Tae knowing how Derran was didn't too much count on him coming.

Derran entered the room with nothing but smiles and cheers.

"Hey Tae, how you been?" he bent down to give her a hug.

"I got shot what the fuck you think?" Tae laughed.

She was happy to see Derran. She'd barely seen him in the past few weeks. It was sort of like a fresh air away from the drama.

"Why I ain't been seeing recently?" Derran asked.

Tae looked at him as if he were slow "Drama, bullshit, Ja'quan." She says, "You know, the typical dumb shit."

"When you getting out of here?" He asked, looking through the snacks Q bought for Tae.

"Tim said the nurses said in a couple weeks. May be sooner, may be later. I don't know yet." Tae shrugged in bed.

"Oh, for real?" Derran continued to munch on the snacks "I'm havin a party next week, you coming?"

"I mean yea if I'm out this punk ass bed by then." Tae laughed "Who all finna be there?"

"The whole gang. Ja'quan, Tim, me, Dee."

It must've slipped Derran's mind that Tae no longer fucked with Q because when he brought him up her face sank.

"Damn my bad Tae I forgot. You know you can't be mad at him forever, right?"

"Yes I can. He shot me." Tae folded her arms upon her chest. "He's weird and jealous. I can't get down with that."

Derran tells her that's understandable but eventually they'll have to have a talk.

Tae didn't think it was necessary, but Derran did.

"I gotta go but Imma see you tomorrow." Derran gave Tae a hug then left.