11

Tae woke up in the middle of the night because she heard someone in the kitchen. It was Ja'quan.

"Hey." He said, sitting next to her. "Did I wake you?"

"Naw." She yawned.

"I know we ain't been talking in a while and I'm sorry for that. I just be having a lot going on." Ja'quan explained.

She told him it was ok. "You said how you felt and I said how I felt. We just ain't meant to be." Tae shrugged, trying not to cry.

It was hard for Tae to see him moving on but she knew he would eventually.

"You feel better about what happened earlier?" Ja'quan asked.

"To be honest, I don't know. My mom always picked his side over mine. She was bound to kick me out because of him some day."

"He didn't have to put his fucking hands on you though." Ja'quan put more bass in his voice.

Tae could tell this conversation was making him mad so she changed the subject.

"So um.... how things going with you and Cam?" She asked, playing with her nails.

"We been cool. She been stressing a little bit about the babies lately but we good." He tapped his hand on his thigh.

"Cool I guess."

"I'm sorry is this too much for you to talk about?" Ja'quan questioned.

"Nah." She waved him off , laughing a little as she did so she wouldn't seem upset.

"You sure because I don't wanna make you uncomfortable."

Tae reassured him that she was fine and didn't mind talking about it.

"Ight well I'm going back to bed. See you in the morning."

The next morning Cam went off to work so it was just Ja'quan and Tae alone in the house.

"You hungry Tae?" Ja'quan asked while he made breakfast. Tae told him no she didn't really have an appetite.

"Imma ask Dee or one of the other boys could I stay with them for a little, while I figured some shit out." Honestly, Tae didn't want to stay there, it was too much stress on herself, and her baby.

"Why?" He asked sounding sad.

She explained that she didn't want to see them flirting in her face all day everyday. It was too much.

"For real Tae?" He turned the stove off. "I tried to make it work with you but you was always bitching bout shit I couldn't control."

"You right Q. It's my fault you couldn't tell me what it was and wasn't. It's my fault you wanted to put another bitch before me." Tae started to tear up. She was sick if Ja'quan acting as if he did nothing wrong.

"Yea I'm not bout to do this with you." Ja'quan walked away.

Tae followed him.

"Why can't you just be a man and admit that it's your fault too!" She hit him.

"You want me to admit it? Fine it's partly my fault damn! I'm the idiot who fucked a clingy crybaby who don't know when to shut the fuck up." He stated.

Tae stood there dumbfounded. She couldn't believe he just said that to her.

"Tae I'm sorry I didn't mean it like tha-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Tae kissed him. She was only doing that to see if there was still some type of spark there. She didn't care about Cam or anyone else's feelings.

They kissed for about 30 minutes until Cam walked in because she forgot her phone.

"What the actual fuck!" Cam threw her purse at the two. "Again Q?! Again?!" She shouted.

"Baby I'm sorry it just kinda happened." Ja'quan tried to explain but Cam wouldn't him.

"Whatever I'm out." She grabbed her phone off the table then left.

About an hour had gone by and Tae and Ja'quan had barley spoken to each other since Cam left.

"Q I gotta question." Tae started the convo.

"Mhm wassup?"

Tae asked him what was the real reason he was with Cam because there was no way he liked her for her.

"She a sweet girl for real. Yea she can be crazy sometimes but she a solid bitch." He nodded his head as he spoke. "Why you ask that?" He question, noticing the disappointment on Tae's face.

"No reason." She gave a fake smile.

Another half hour went by, they were now on the topic of baby showers.

"I think I want something small." Tae said to Ja'quan who was talking to her from the kitchen.

"Cool cool." He nodded his head.

"You think your mom would come?" Tae asked.

Ja'quan shrugged. He hadn't spoken to his mom in weeks. She left him years ago when he was 15. She wanted to pursue her dream of acting so she made sure the house was paid off until he was 18 then he had to fiend for himself.

"I could text her and see."