9

Today was the day of the party and Tae was nervous. She hadn't been to a party in months and now she was pregnant. People were gonna think she was crazy going to a party pregnant.

Dee and Tae were talking on the phone as she got ready. "Jay said you ain't been texting him back." Dee spoke as he set his phone on his car phone holder.

"Man fuck Q, he better go text Cam." Tae replied.

"Man Tae you know you love dude, you gotta get over that shit. Y'all both carrying his babies so he gotta take care of both of y'all."

Tae didn't respond to what Dee was saying. She continued to curl her hair.

"Ashantae, I know you hear me." Dee tapped his phone screen to make sure he wasn't muted.

"How does this look on me?" She stood up so that her full body was in frame.

"You look ight." Dee said.

"You a fucking hater Dee." Tae laughed. "I'm boutta come outside, you better be close."

Tae grabbed her purse, walking down stairs. "Where you going dressed like that?" Keith asked Tae.

She told him don't worry about it, her mother already knew where she was going. He told her she better be home at a reasonable time or else she'd be on 'punishment'.

"Boy bye." She waved him off as she seen Dee pull up.

Tae got in the car frustrated. Dee noticed this and asked her what was wrong.

"My moms boyfriend is annoying as fuck." She threw her purse in the backseat.

"Man y'all household is something else." Dee laughed. Tae was dead serious though.

They pulled up to the party where music was blasting loudly and people were outside talking. As Tae walked closer to the house some dude yelled out that she had a fat ass. "I'm pregnant asshole!" She shouted, sticking up her middle finger.

"Ugh I really hope Q don't come." She mumbled to herself as they walked in the house.

"Hey baby." A girl who wasn't Bri greeted Dee.

"Y'all got non alcoholic drinks?" Tae asked. The girl told her that there was pop in the fridge and some in the coolers around the house.

Tae was about to go grab something to drink when she seen Cam and Ja'quan walk in together. "Wow." She said as she grabbed a drink out the fridge.

"Dee can we go?" Tae grabbed Dees arm. "Q just pulled up with that bitch and I'm not in the mood, I'll slap her." Tae added.

"Tae chill she probably just needed a ride." He reassured her. Tae told him she didn't wanna be there so if he couldn't take her home, she'd just call an uber.

"You ain't even gotta do that. You wanted to come to this party so you gone enjoy it." Dee took her phone out her hand. "You'll get this back in an hour." Dee waved her phone in her face then walked off.

About an hour later Tae spotted Cam grinding up on Ja'quan and made it her final decision that she was officially ready go.

"Dee where my phone?" Tae held her hand out.

"Why, what's wrong now?" He asked. She told him it was nothing she was just getting bored and was ready to go.

"Ok but you better text me when you get home." He handed her the phone. Tae called her an uber that said it'll be here in 15 minutes. Since she didn't wanna be inside anymore, she waited on the front porch for them to pull up.

"Yo mami!" Ja'quan stumbled his way over to Tae.

"What the fuck you want Ja'quan?" She huffed.

"You trynna leave early?"

"Yea I am. And you seem like you need to leave too. You're too drunk." Tae caught him as he was about to fall.

She told him to just get in the uber with her but he refused. He said he still had to take Cam home and he didn't trust her with his car because she didn't have her license yet.

"I'll tell Dee to take her home and you take your keys with you." Tae tried so hard to convince him. After a little time and persuasion, Ja'quan left with Tae.

Tae helped Ja'quan up the stairs so he could lay down. She was gonna leave him down stairs on the couch but her moms new boyfriend was annoying and she didn't wanna hear his mouth.

"Here Q, take these." Tae handed him a water bottle and an ibuprofen.

"Thanks Ma." He sat on her bed.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, you stay here and don't move." Tae demanded.

"I wanna shower you though Mama." He pulled her waist. She was now sitting on his lap.

"Naw Q just lay down." Tae pushed away from him.

The next morning Tae awoke to her mom and her boyfriend arguing. "Ugh can they shut up." Tae groaned.

"Hell yea my shit pounding." Ja'quan squinted rubbing his eyes.

He couldn't remember anything pass the time they got in the uber. "What happened last night?"

Tae explained that he got drunk and crashed. "Don't think just because I let you sleep here we back cool." Tae climbed out of her bed.

"Why not Ma?"

"Because anytime Cams around you dog me out. You even called me a bitch because I didn't want her coming with us. I just feel like you show more interest in her than me." Tae shrugged. He never meant to make her feel that way, he just did.

"Ma that ain't true. She ain't got nobody in her corner to help her with her shit. Her mom kicked her out once she found out she was pregnant." Ja'quan explained.

"And what she's got going on has nothing to do with you. That's her business not yours."

"Not my business? She pregnant with my babies what you mean it ain't my business?!" Ja'quan spoke louder.

"Babies? Fuck you mean babies?" Tae was confused.

"Twins. She's pregnant with twins Tae."

"Oh hell no."