22

The nurses kept Tae for an extra day before sending her home just to make sure everything was going accordingly.

Tae's time in the hospital went by pretty fast. Tim stayed by her side every night when he wasn't working.

"Your ride is here." Tae's favorite nurse entered the room.

"Ok. Tell them I'll be right out." Tae gathered her things then left out the room.

She walked out to the visiting area where she was getting picked up at.

There waiting for her was Ja'quan and not Tim like she'd asked for.

"What the fu-" Tae took a deep breath in to calm herself " Whatever, let's just go."

They walked outside to Q's car, he held the door open for Tae, waiting for her to get in the car.

"Everybody else had stuff to do, you stuck with me." Ja'quan said before closing her door.

"Ugh" Tae thought to herself.

She leaned her head on the window, playing games on her phone, hoping the ride would go faster.

"How you been? You look better than you did when I came up here to visit you last week."

Ja'quan took his eyes off the road for a split second to look over at Tae.

She was ignoring him.

"Tae." he continued to bug her as she continued to ignore him.

"Tae, I know you fucking hear me!" he snatched the phone out her hand, throwing it to the floor.

"What Ja'quan?! Literally what?!" he now had her full attention.

"Who the fuck you raising yo voice at?!" Q grabbed her by the neck.

Tae must've forgot who she was talking to because Ja'quan scared her straight real quick.

"I'm sorry Q." Tae was damn near shaking in her seat.

"What the fuck I thought." Ja'quan pushed her away causing her to bump her on head on the window.

If she didn't get a concussion from that punch two weeks ago, she sure got one now.

For the rest of the ride Tae was pretty much quiet except for when Ja'quan asked her something to which she'd reply with small responses.

Tae hated giving Q the satisfaction of thinking he was in control of her.

They got to Ja'quan's house in a reasonable amount of time for Tae.

The drive wasn't too long, that was good.

"Get out." Ja'quan demanded of Tae as he, himself got out the car.

"No. I wanna go back with Ti-" Tae quickly covered her mouth, but it was too late.

Ja'quan rushed over to Tae's side of the car, getting in her face, staring at her waiting for her to speak again.

"Why am I here Q?" Tae stepped out of the car.

Ja'quan pulled her closer to him by the waist "Because I want you here. I missed you mama." he pulled in for a kiss.

"Stop." Tae leaned back a little to avoid it.

"I don't want to be here Ja'quan. Can you please take me somewhere else?" Tae asked politely.

"Take yo self." Q reached in his car to grab the keys to Tae's car "here." he tossed the keys to her.

"Where is it?" Tae stood there, keys in hand.