20

Everyone ducked but someone got hit.

"Oh my god Ja'quan." Cam held her stomach as she felt herself about to puke.

"What the fuck did you do?!" Tim shouted at Ja'quan as he rushed over to Tae. "We gotta get her to a hospital." Tim attempted to pick her up but she winced in pain every time he tried to.

"Tim I don't wanna die." Tae cried, gripping his arm.

"I know baby." He kissed her forehead. Q wanted to yell at them so bad but right now wasn't even close to the right time.

He was evil but he wasn't a devil.

Ja'quan called the police then they made their way to the hospital.

The hospital wasn't that far away, only about 10 minutes so they got there in about 6 with the police escort.

They got to the hospital the nurses were already waiting there with a stretcher.

They gently placed Tae on the stretcher and took off with her while another nurse took them to the waiting area.

Tae had to go into surgery to get the bullet removed. That also meant she'd be in the hospital for a few weeks.

They waited and waited for minutes; the minutes turned into hours. They needed to know whether or not Tae was ok.

Tim sat back thinking. The more he thought the more upset he got.

He started thinking about the way Ja'quan dogged Tae but got mad when she moved on.

"You know what nigga?" Tim faced his body towards Q so he knew he was talking to him "This yo fault Tae in this predicament. You a jealous ass nigga. How you mad ya bitch moved on?"

"What? You really think this bout a bitch? Nigga you supposed to be my brother and you fuckin with a bitch I impregnated!" Q was causing a scene.

Tim tried to tell him to calm down because he was drawing attention, but he didn't shut up.

The receptionist came over to them asking politely can they calm down.

Ja'quan took a seat before Tim did. Tim wanted to make sure he would actually settle down.

Another half hour went by before they gave them an update on Tae.

She'd been asleep for the past few hours and was now awake and ready for her guests.

"Well I have good news and bad news" The doctor came out with his clipboard in hand.

"Give us the good news first please." Tim stood up.

The good news was Tae survived and would be able to leave the hospital in about 2 weeks, 3 if there were any complications moving forward.

"Unfortunately," the doctor took a deep breath "The baby did not. She was shot directly in her stomach. We had to perform an emergency c section."

This news wasn't easy on Ja'quan.

He had just lost one of his babies by Cam now he lost the one baby he was gonna have with the person he truly wanted to be with.

Without a word Q got up out his seat to go outside for some air.

"You all can come see her now." The doctor led the remaining three to Taes room.

"T!" Tae shouted when they walked in the room.

Dee got offended because she paid him no mind "Oh so Dee just ain't here?" Dee looked around the room.

Tae laughed "Hi Dee."

Tim asked her how she was feeling and of course Dee made a joke out of the situation.

"Now you know how them innocent pedestrians feels on GTA when you shoot them for no reason." He joked.

"Yep, wait til I get better." Tae shook her head.

Tim told Tae the doctor said she could come home in about 2 weeks if things go well.

"Good because I'm sick of being here already. And where's Ja'quan?" she noticed everyone including Cam was there except Q.

Tim cleared his throat "He left.

This angered Tae.

He shot her and didn't even have the balls to come in and apologize?

"Naw fuck that go find his ass." Tae attempted to sit up in bed but quickly laid back down.

Dee told them they needed to get it together which further angered Tae.

"He shot me not the other way around nigga. And since when you start adding yo two cents in anyways?" Tae said to Dee.

"I'm just saying y'all need to talk shit out."

Dee was starting to annoy Tae at that point, but she held her tongue because she didn't want him to stop seeing her while she was stuck in the hospital.

Tim, Dee, and Tae all laughed and made jokes while Cam stood off to the side awkwardly.

The nurse knocked on the door to let Tae know she had another guest coming in shortly.

They all looked at each other.

Everyone who cared to be here was already here so who could this fifth person be?

Before they could think of who it was, the person walked through the door.

Of course it was Ja'quan.

"What the fuck is he doin here?" Tae looked at Tim as if he were supposed to remove him.

"I came to talk. I was about to leave but it wouldn't feel right." Q said.

Tae was shocked. He actually came back as if he cared.

Ja'quan kept trying to talk to her, but she ignored him.

She had nothing to say to him.

"Come on ma don't be like that. I wasn't even aiming for you I was aiming for Tim." Ja'quan pointed behind him where Tim was standing.

"You have terrible aim." Tae rolled her eyes at him.

Ja'quan tried to justify shooting her by saying he understood why she was mad, but he had every reason to be mad to. "You was fucking this nigga behind my back." He pointed to Tim yet again.

Dee mentioned the fact that Ja'quan didn't want Tae and he got a girlfriend knowing Tae liked him.

Ja'quan gave him a look, so he sat back and shut up.

A little later a nurse came in the check on Tae. She checked her head temperature and her heartbeat. "How are you feeling?"

I feel fine. Just a little pain in my stomach." Tae nervously laughed.

"I'll have some pain killers sent in for you. Unfortunately, your guests do have to leave. Visiting hours start at 10:00 pm tomorrow." The nurse gave them a few extra minutes to wrap their conversation up.

Ja'quan gave Tae a hug telling her he'd come see her tomorrow, Dee did the same.

"Imma bring your phone, so you don't be bored while you in this bitch." Tim laughed, giving Tae a hug and a kiss before he too left.

Tae was now in her room alone.

She didn't know how to feel. She had just been shot and lost her baby both in the same day. Now she was stuck in this hospital all alone.

She moped in her bed for some minutes until the nurse came to her door telling her someone was here for her. Visiting hours were over and the nurse knew that.

"You just told me visiting hours were over. I could've kept my guests here a little longer." Tae complained.

"I'm pretty sure this is someone you'd want to see." The nurse opened the door allowing the person to walk in.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!"