18

The next day Tae awoke, still in shock about what she had said to Tim.

She couldn't believe she really said that. She hadn't even said those words to Ja'Quan and she was carrying his baby. The fucked up part about it is now, she think she actually meant it.

Tae got out of bed, legs sore, walking to the bathroom. There, Tae turned on the shower then brushed her teeth as she waited for the water to warm up.

While brushing her teeth, Tae heard a knock on the bathroom door. Tim opened the bathroom door to let Tae know that Ja'Quan was outside waiting for her.

Tae took the tooth brush out of her mouth to speak "Tell him I'll be out after my shower."

"Ight I got you." Tim said before leaving Tae in the bathroom.

Tae finished brushing her teeth, took a quick shower, then met up with Q outside. When Tae got out there, Ja'Quan was stand by his car, waiting.

The closer Tae got, the more Ja'Quan examined her. He notice that Tae had be walking...differently since the last they saw each other.

"Wassup Tae, why you walking like that?" Q looked Tae up and down.

"I fell....hurt my leg." Tae lied.

Ja'Quan nodded "So how you like staying with Tim? He treating you right?"

"Tim don't do anything but sell weed and play his game all day, but it's be cool here, stress free." Tae shrugged.

"Mm." Q said, standing there.

"Ok well it seems like you don't want anything so I'm going back in the house." Tae said then turned around to go in the house, Ja'Quan stopped her, handing her a paper.

"What's this?" She questioned. Ja'Quan told her that he and Cam were throwing a party and he wanted her to come.

Even though Tae didn't they she'd go, she still took the paper.

Tae walked back inside, Ja'Quan left.

Dee snatched the paper out Tae's hand, asking what it was for as he read it. "We gotta go to another party?" Dee crumbled up the paper as if he were fed up.

"I'm not going." Tae scratched her head.

"Why not?" Dee asked. Tim also asked why she didn't want to go.

"Y'all know why." Tae rolled her eyes as she flopped on the couch.

"Fair enough." Dee shrugged

Dee wanted to bring something up in the conversation but didn't know how to. "I heard some noises last night." He blurted out.

"What kind of noises?" Tim pretended as if he didn't know what Dee was talking about. Tae's eyes widened as she realized what noises he was talking about.

"Sexual noises." Dee clapped his hands together "Noises like that."

Tim laughed. Tim told Dee that the noises weren't what he thought they were. He told him that the noises he heard was a tubi movie the two were watching last night.

"What movie?" Dee questioned. "And why the fuck was the sex scene so long." He placed his hand under his chin.

"Man I forgot what movie we watched." Tim laughed again.

Tae was annoyed at how nosey Dee was being. If they were in there fucking it was none of his business. "What you trynna say Dee? You think me and Tim was having sex?" Tae squinted at Dee.

Dee told her that, that's what it sounded like but he wanted to ask them first before jumping to conclusions.

"Well we weren't having sex." Tae sat back on the couch with her arms crossed.

"Ok ok." Dee laughed.

For the next few hours Tim, Dee, and Tae did nothing but chill and watch movies while eating snacks. Tim had already smoke 3 blunts but he still wanted to roll up.

"Hell no T. You don't need another blunt." Tae took the half rolled blunt out of Tim's hands.

"Come on Tae." Tim tried to reach for the blunt.

"No Tim you too high love." Tae laughed.

"Naw baby, I'm good." He smiled, reaching for the blunt again.

Tim's eyes were red, like red. He didn't need anything else to smoke.

Dee didn't need anything else to smoke either but he asked Tae to let him finish rolling the blunt.

"Now Dee. I love you and all but...you can't roll." Tae and Tim burst into laughter.

"Man fuck y'all, I know I can roll." Dee waved the two away.

Tim was gonna throw another shot at Dee but then someone's phone went off.

"Was that mine?" Tae asked, Tim shook his head.

"It's mine." He held up his phone.

It took him a minute or two to actually unlock his phone due to how faded he was. When he finally got it unlocked he seen a text from Ja'Quan, asking to come over.

"Tae." He showed her the messages.

"Man invite him over." Tae took a brief pause "I don't give a fuck." She laughed.

Tim said ok then texted Q back telling him to come.

At Ja'Quans house, Q and Cam were getting ready to leave.

"Hurry up Cam." Ja'Quan rushed the pregnant woman.

"I'm coming." She walked down the hall from his room.

"Does this shirt make me look fat?" Cam asked. Q told Cam she looked fine and that they really needed to go.

The two hopped in the car, heading over to Tim's house. In the car, Cam asked Ja'Quan was he sure Tae didn't mind them coming over.

"Ma just relax. Tim said she been in better moods lately." Ja'quan reassured her.

A little while later, they pulled up to Tim's house.

Q knocked on the door but didn't get a response. He knocked again, confused about why it took them so long to open the door but when they did, he understood.

"Damn it's like a hotbox in this bitch." Ja'quan waved his hand in front of his face.

"Shit, welcome to the party." Tim did a little shoulder dance.

Cam asked did they have anything to drink, Tim told her to check the fridge.

Q sat on the couch, Tim did as well until Tae came out of his room asking if they could talk.

Ja'Quan found it a little weird but didn't pay it any mind. He felt as if something had been off but he didn't want to assume anything.

"So what y'all been up to around here?" He asked Dee.

"Nothing for real, just chilling." Dee shrugged, looking down.

It was at that moment Ja'Quan knew Dee was hiding something. Dee wasn't the most reliable when it came to keeping secrets so whatever Dee knew, Ja'Quan was sure gonna find out.

"You got something you wanna tell me?" Q questioned.

"What? Nah." Dee shook his head.

"You sure? You been acting real strange lately." Ja'Quan squinted at Dee. He stared at Dee until he finally told Q the truth.

"Ight look. I think Tae and Tim been fucking." Dee admitted. "But you didn't hear it from me."

Before Ja'Quan could say anything, Tim and Tae came out of the room.

"So y'all been fucking?!"

....