Finally Free

July 15th, the day he went on tour, came sooner than expected. And I am finally free. We haven't talked much in the last six weeks. I've become quite the master of avoiding him. I started eating regularly, just so he wouldn't continue asking me about it. That also meant that there were no more late-night rendezvous between us. A part of me missed seeing him all the time. I kept that part at bay though. It was an act of self-preservation. Being friendly toward him was one thing, but thinking about him all the time? Absolutely detrimental. I couldn't let myself get too comfortable around him because I knew that if I did that, I would start developing feelings.

We only saw each other three more times after that day at the pizzeria. The first time was when his turn finally came to get his portrait sketched out. Neither of us tried making conversation. It seemed that he was dead set on avoiding me too. I didn't really need him to pose for me, honestly. I was so familiar with every line on his face that I drew most of it from memory. Every time I actually did look up from my sketchpad, our eyes met, and I quickly looked back down. We spoke like five words that day.

The second time we saw each other, was when all five of them visited my studio to see the final product. Not a single word was exchanged between the two of us.

The third time was yesterday. Sam and Ronnie invited both of us over for a celebratory dinner. We were celebrating them officially starting to date, and Andrew's tour. I had a good time, overall. I even spoke to him a little and wished him luck on the tour before I left.

And now I am in my office, going through my emails. I finally had time for other clients. The news that Black Veil Brides collaborated with me on so many things in the past two and a half months travelled fast. Many clients wanted to work with me. Mr. Wayne was nice enough to let me choose who I wanted to work with next. First, I decided on choosing Sum 41, because I had a phase in my early college years when I listened only to their music.

They had only gotten back together a couple of years ago. I went to the very first concert they had when they reunited. It was a blast. And now I would get to work with them. It was a great reminder of how amazing my job was.

I replied to their producer's email, telling him that we could meet the next day. He was happy I had accepted the job.

But then I also accepted other jobs. My boss said that they could be transferred to other artists, but I told him I could handle it. I had nothing better to do anyway.

Every day for the next month was spent working my ass off, trying to juggle all 7 clients at once. It was a lot more difficult than I expected, but I managed to reach all my deadlines. I just didn't really take many breaks. Now that Andrew didn't nag me about eating anymore, I went back to my old ways, which resulted in a few lost pounds. Mom and Sam kept nagging me about it, the former forcing me to take a break from work in August. I was invited to mom and dad's annual beach holiday with the Biersacks. I was reluctant to accept at first, but then I realized that if I didn't go with them, I wouldn't have a break at all. It wasn't like I had a boyfriend to go with.

And maybe, just maybe, it would be nice to celebrate my birthday with my parents again for a change.

They rented out a villa in Miami Beach every year. The house was huge: it had three bathrooms, four bedrooms, a huge lounge area, the kitchen was majestic, the dining room looked like something from a movie, it had an upstairs and downstairs terrace, a pool, and it was like right above the beach. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was absolutely mesmerising. I was happy to have accepted the invitation.

"Oh, Sophie, it's so lovely that you decided to join us all this year," Amy said, hugging me when I joined all four of them outside on the terrace. "Hello, Mrs- sorry, Amy. This place is amazing. Thank you for letting me tag along."