I'm Out

The day of Andy's album release party finally arrived. His producer did one hell of a job promoting the album. He even organised a press conference, which I got to attend as the graphic designer.

The release party would be big. Everyone who's anyone was invited. It was the first big event of the year, so they really put a lot of work into it. Andy's producer was counting on the album being a huge success, which would in turn result in Black Veil Brides gaining even more recognition. All four of his bandmates promised to attend the party. It was crucial they did because the media decided that Andy releasing a solo album meant that BVB were breaking up. Andy tried clearing that misunderstanding up at the press conference, but they refused to believe him. By attending their front man's party, the other four would show love and support for him. Hopefully then, everyone would believe that this didn't mean the end of Black Veil Brides.

Andy was really nervous about the album's reception. I don't think he has much to worry about because the presale numbers of his album were through the roof. Over 100.000 pre-orders was a lot, right?

They even made a music video for one of the songs last month. It would be played at the party. After that, the album would drop.

"You ready?" I asked him when it was time for us to leave. He was absolutely breathtaking in his black tuxedo. He was fidgeting with his buttons, looking at himself in the mirror. I hugged him from behind in an attempt to calm him down.

"What if everyone hates it?" He asked, meeting my gaze in the mirror's reflection.

"There's no chance in hell that happens. Sure, some people might not like it as much as your other music, but I think that most people will love it as much as I do. Here, let me help you with this," I said, turning him around. I buttoned his shirt all the way up.

"Have I told you that you're particularly dashing today?" I asked him then.

"You're one to talk. This dress looks amazing on you," he smiled at me lovingly, twirling me around, then dipping me and kissing my neck.

I giggled and met his lips with mine. He pulled me back up and I gave myself a once over in the mirror. I was wearing an emerald-green floor-length dress with a deep V-line. I decided that the occasion was worthy of light make-up and black stiletto heels. They matched my black coat.

"Stop checking yourself out, Williams. That's my job," he said, pulling my hand.

"Which one is your job? Checking yourself out in the mirror, or checking me out?" I asked.

"Both. Now, let's get this over with."

The party was in full swing when we arrived. We took separate cabs to avoid causing any suspicion. We pretended to be surprised when we arrived at the same time. We waved to each other and met halfway. The place was crawling with paparazzi.

"Andy! Can we get a picture of you?" One of them shouted. Andy stopped walking and waved at the cameras. I kept on walking, but then someone shouted that Andy should pose with his graphic designer. Andy grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. He put his hand on my lower back, and I smiled politely at the cameras. Then we excused ourselves and went inside. A horde of people surrounded my boyfriend to congratulate him on the release. I didn't stick around and decided on trying to either find Sam and Ronnie, or the bar. The place was huge. It was some sort of banquet hall, and it even had a balustrade. I was mesmerized at how pretty it was. The decorations were black and white to match the album cover, which was projected on one of the white walls. I've never seen my work in such a magnanimous size. I stared at it in awe.

"Pretty good design, huh?" My favourite deep voice whispered in my ear.

"Meh, I've seen better," I shrugged, smiling mischievously.