Heads Up

"Hey, Soph?" He broke the silence and my concentration.

"Andy, I told you not to move. I can't paint you if you keep fidgeting."

"Sorry, babe," he said and returned to the position we had decided would be best for the cover.

He stayed quiet for like 10 minutes max and then he moved again. "I really need to tell you something," he said. I sighed and put my paint brush down. "Okay, but do you promise not to move after that?" I asked, eyes narrowed. "Cross my heart and hope to die," he said. "Alright, shoot."

"I agreed to something you might not like..." He started, looking like an apologetic puppy. "What did you agree to?" I asked, fearing the worst.

"Your mom invited us over for Christmas day lunch. My parents said yes, of course, and when she extended the invitation to me... Well, I was going do decline it politely, but then it hit me that these were my in-laws now, so I thought, oh well, why not? And I agreed to join. Your mom said that you'd be there as well, but I'm guessing she hasn't even asked you yet."

Oh God. This is so much worse than the worst. "Look, I know that you've been avoiding her since August. And if you feel like you can't face her, I'll understand. I'll still go, but I won't stay long or say anything about us dating. I just thought that I'd give you a heads-up. Seeing as Christmas is in less than a week, I'm guessing she'll be calling you any day now," he said.

"Thanks for letting me know. Every fibre of my being is screaming at me to say no, but I can't let you go through that torture alone. I'll accept her invitation when she calls me," I said, sighing.

"Thanks, it means a lot," he smiled. "Oh, it better because that's your Christmas present. Now, get back into position. We've only got a few more hours left of daylight."

"HOURS?" He asked.

"Yes, Andrew, hours. I can't just half-ass something that means so much to you. So, stop moving and let me do my job," I said.

"Williams, you really know how to melt a heart, you know that?" He said, doing his overly dramatic fake crying routine. I rolled my eyes and went back to work.

"My back is killing meeeee," he whined after another 15 minutes of silence.

"Stop being such a cry-baby."

"You better give me a back rub after this, Williams."

"If it'll shut you up, sure, why the hell not."

He giggled like an excited schoolgirl but then he finally did stop moving. Who would have guessed that I worked a lot faster when he stayed still? Not me. I was done with what I wanted to do today. And before sundown too! What a beast.

"Can I see?" He asked when I told him we were done.

"It's not finished yet, but sure. I think we can be done by Christmas. Don't give me that look, Biersack. I told you in the beginning that I could paint your portrait based on a photograph, but your stubborn ass insisted we do it this way. So, what's it gonna be? Do we continue like this, or do you want to be a quitter?"

"How dare you use common sense and my weaknesses against me, babe?" He said, crossing his arms and giving me an overly angry look.

"Sorry, babe," I said, kissing his cheek, "that's just how I roll."

"How rude," he said.

"So, which one will it be?" I asked, smirking.

"I'll keep posing for you. And that's my Christmas gift for you, young lady, because I know how you love checking me out," he smacked my butt, kissed my cheek and ran away.