You're Wearing Heels!

"I am back, baby!" Sam shouted excitedly when I opened my front door.

"OH MY GOD!!!! I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE COMING BACK SO SOON!" I squealed, hugging her.

"See? This is how I wish my parents would react. Sigh. Anyway, sleepover?" She let herself in.

"Is that even a question?" I asked, closing the door.

"So, tell me what's new?" She asked, grabbing a beer from my fridge, and plopping herself down on my couch.

"Girl, I don't even know where to begin."

"Well, the last time we talked, you were in Miami Beach with you parents," she tried helping me.

"Oh God, that's right. That feels like several lifetimes ago. Andy joined us later that same day."

"WHAT??? How was it?"

"Girl, I saw him shirtless."

"Was he everything you imagined him being???"

"No. He was so. Much. More. I literally couldn't stop staring. He is legit so fucking hot," I said, deciding to come clean.

"SOPHIE! Since when do you find him hot?"

"Well..."

"You didn't bang him, did you?"

"What? No! We haven't even kissed yet. But we got really close on my birthday..."

"EXCUSE ME?! YOU SPENT YOUR BIRTHDAY WITH HIM???" She screamed.

"Well, yeah. He flew back to surprise me."

"From where?"

"Miami Beach. Stop interrupting me, Samantha, and I'll explain everything. I didn't know that he'd be joining us. And apparently my mom told his parents that I'd be joining them as soon as she found out that Andy was coming. That was back in May. I agreed in July. Like what the fuck??? But anyway, he and I really bonded over there. He told me he cares about me, and we agreed on being friends. But then I had this huge emotional breakdown about my mom and Michael, and I ran away. I came back home, and he flew back to be with me on my birthday," I said.

She asked me what my freakout was about and I told her everything. Well, not everything. I left out the parts about Andy. But she knew me well. So, I was forced to reveal even those parts to her. It felt good to talk about it to someone else than myself. She asked me when it started because she thought we kind of hated each other.

"We did, at the beginning. But then he started doing these little things, like forcing me to have proper meals, and telling everyone what a good job I was doing with the project... He even stood up to mom for me. Michael never did that once. It pains me to admit, but I've never felt so appreciated, Sam. He knows so many dark parts of me, and yet he still keeps coming back. I've tried to run away from him so many times, but he keeps catching up to me. I am so afraid to let go of this self-preservational instinct. Because I think I can trust him. He's never given me a reason not to. I'm not there yet though. It's completely fair, if he doesn't wait for me, but I kind of wish he would. I can't even imagine my life without him in it anymore. He's completely fucked everything up for me. I have never felt like this before," I said, trying my best to explain everything.

"Sophie, it sounds to me like you're in love."

"I am. God, it feels so good to finally say it out loud. I'm head over heels in love with Andrew Biersack."

"Well, why don't you do something about it?" She asked.

"I'm not ready yet."

"WHY THE HELL NOT?!" She screamed out in frustration.