Prologue

Keep the rain

"Are you really having fun?

Or did you like becoming what you hate?"
———————

I love everything that makes your heart pump faster.

The adrenaline floating through your veins, your breath quickening, feeling your heart beating fast in your chest. Feeling alive.

Everything that gets some action into my body.

Running, surfing, racing, fucking.

I love the feeling of excitement and even a bit of fear rushing through my body, making me believe that I'm floating high and able to do everything.

And since I was basically born in a racing car, the only logical future for me was becoming a Formula 1 driver.

My brothers never had the grid or the talent to go further than karting.

But I did.

As a kid I didn't understand the dangers that would come with it and seems like I never realized that I could die when driving over 300 kilometers per hour.
That was I was known for.
Driving absolutly fucking reckless.

I also didn't see the reason, why women couldn't thrive in a male dominated sport and that it would be a lot more difficult for me to succeed in racing, than for my male colleges. And once I realized it, I was already in too deep.

Even if I would've known that I would have to invest twice as much as the male drivers, I would've still chosen to race. It only made me want to prove to them that women can be formula one drivers too.

But I don't just want to be any race driver.
I want to be the best.