Chapter 16 - Charles's P.O.V.

This chapter contains explicit sexual content and may be distressing to some readers. If you don't feel comfortable reading smut, please skip parts of this chapter.

A knock pulled my eyes from Athena's sleeping body.
She was rolled in my side, her hand resting on my chest, her head on my shoulder. I've been awake for a while but I couldn't get it over me to wake her up. I've been mesmerized by her beauty.

I scanned her face for what must be over 30 minutes now. I could paint it from memory. I've counted her breaths, memorized the way her lips twitch sometimes or how her long lashes rest against her cheeks. But now our peace was over.

Someone knocked again.
My eyes widened.

"Charles? Tu es debout?"
Charles? Are you up?
Pierres voice was muffled through my door.

I gently shook Athena awake, hating that I had to do so. She was looking so peaceful, sleeping in my bed, her legs wrapped around my waist.
Athena stirred awake, a big yawn opening her mouth.

She rubbed her eyes and smiled at me tiredly.
As much as I wanted to kiss her awake, until I was the source of her energy, there was no time to do so.

"Pierre's here." I whispered to her.
Her eyes widened in shock, she was wide awake now.
"Shit." She whisper-yelled.

"Je pensais que nous allions faire un jogging." Pierre's voice sounded again through my door.
I thought we were going on a jog.
Shit, I completely forgot about that.

"Get under the bed!" I instructed her, while getting out of the bed myself.
I walked towards the door, looking back before opening it.

Athena wasn't visible anymore but still I opened the door just a bit.
I didn't want to risk anything.

"Mec, j'ai dormi. Donne-moi quinze minutes."
Dude, I slept. Give me fifteen minutes.

I saw Pierre just long enough to see him raise his eye brows in surprise.
I slammed the door shut in his face.
A long breath left my chest and I turned around.

A pillow flew my way, barely missing me by an inch.
"I told you so!" Athena still didn't dare to raise her voice, too scared that Pierre was still able to hear us.

She was on her knees next to my bed, just her head visible to me. I grabbed the pillow from the floor and walked over to the bed.

"He didn't see you." I placed the pillow back on the bed and sat down.
I looked at the messy hair around her head, her lips slightly parted.
"It was close though."

Athena sat down facing me, her legs crossed over each other.
I saw her eyes move over my arms, my abs and back to my face. Even though we just had a big scare, she was still smiling at me. We didn't start to fight. That's what I call progress.

I leaned forwards, putting my weight on my arms on the bed and kissed her.
I needed to.

I needed her to kiss me with no bigger intention.
Just a kiss because I felt like kissing her.

Her lips moved against mine, her hands on my neck.
A thousand needles picked my skin, but it was a comfortable sensation.
Like the freezing, morning air burning in your lungs or the sun kissing your skin in summer for hours at a time.

I leaned back, separating our lips.
Even though I wanted to spend all morning in bed with her, kissing every inch of her body, I knew I had to get ready.
Else Pierre would come again and I knew that the next time he wouldn't knock.

"I should probably get ready."
I whispered, looking at her.
"And I should leave as long as I can." She replied.

Normally I liked exercise.
I liked working out.
But right now, my body begged to stay with her.
Begged for a different form of exercise.