Chapter 8 - Athena's P.O.V.

Sweat is a weird thing.

Everyone dreads sweating in summer, complaining all the time.

And I get it, it makes you feel dirty and ugly and sticky.

But yet people love going into saunas and clubs.

The shower I took at home was completely useless by now, sweat dripping down my back.

I didn't understand how the guys weren't dying in long pants and a long button down.
I was already too hot, and I just wore a mini dress.

Actually, I was wearing a dress Lewis bought me.

Change, we're going clubbing.

He ordered just 3 hours before when he knocked on my door with a box in his hands.

Inside of it was a beautiful pink satin mini dress, wrapping itself around my body tightly.

Normally my feet would kill me in the 7-inch heels I chose to wear, but the alcohol numbed all the pain in my body.

I've tied my hair up a while ago, at least once we decided to go on the dance floor.

Pierre, Lewis, Ares, Daniel and Mick were scattered around me. Daniel dancing with Heidi closely, the other ones just moving their bodies to the beat like I was.

I felt electrified. The adrenaline from the race and the beat of the music circling through my body.

The music here sucked, but we've all pregamed pretty hard at the bar before and still managed to have fun.

I doubted there was ever a boring evening when we went out together.

I felt the people looking at us, some even came up to us to ask for a picture.

The dancing was making my heart beat fast and hard.

I was sweating, I was thirsty and the drink in my hand was long gone.

I tapped Micks shoulder and made the drinking sign with my hand and pointed to the bar.

I pushed through the crowd to get to the bar.
My head buzzed comfortably form the alcohol I have consumed before, but I was not as shit-faced as I expected to be.

More drinking it is.

Instead of a water to still my thirst I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea, knowing that would do the job.

The DJ put on another song and the crowd cheered.
It made me smile as their cheering reminded me of all the fans screaming and celebrating just hours before when I stepped up on the podium.

Vice World-Champion.

I still couldn't believe it.

I proved that I was worthy of my seat in Formula One.
I proved that women were as able to race as men.
I proved that my seat didn't come from my family name.

I remember my dad looking up at the podium, proud like he's never been before.
I still remembered the satisfaction in my chest when he hugged me.
All I fought for, all the sweat and tears, all the family fights, they paid off.

Now the next step was winning the championship.

I got snapped out of my daydream as something wet was spilled over my left arm.

"Watch it." Some guy growled at me.

"Excuse me? I wasn't moving." I replied equally pissed.

"And still half of my drink is spilled." He stumbled closer to me to the point where I grew uncomfortable.