Chapter 14 - Athena's P.O.V.

Mick fell down on his knees in front of me.
A hand on his chest, the other one reaching out for me; he acted out his stupid thoughts.
„Please! Have mercy! Your beauty is too much for a mortal man like me, mighty Athena."
I rolled my eyes at his stupidness.

Mick arrived at the house minutes ago and was already causing trouble.
As always Lewis and I were matching, but this time we planed to.

He was wearing a glittery, see-through, mesh top; Nothing beneath it, showing off the tattoos on his torso. Black dress pants and a blazer.
I was wearing the same top with a little bralette beneath it. Instead of pants, I chose to wear a black mini skirt and knee high boots.
Big glittery earrings, a red lip and my hair open and curled. My tattoos formed another nice accessoire.

Mick was still on his knees in the doorway. I opened the door for him and his first act was to fall down to his knees.
„Get up, you're so dramatic."
I grabbed his outstretched arm and pulled him to his feet.
„Dramatic in my love for you."
He stood up and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

„You really do look beautiful." He pressed a kiss to the side of my head.
„Thank you." I smiled and grabbed his wrist while walking back into the house and closing the door behind us. It was only 6 pm, but it was already pitch black outside.

Only the lights around the pool and some houses around the lake were visible from the inside.
I scanned the room, a smile on my lips.
The people were talking and laughing. Everyone was dressed up and holding something to drink in their hands. Tonight would be a blast.
Mick walked past me to greet everyone but I stood there for a second, enjoying the joy on other people's faces.

Lewis was talking with Pierre and Kika and I decided to join them.
Kika, short for Francisca, was Pierres new girlfriend.
Normally he wasn't dating. At least never serious enough to actually introduce a girl to his friends.
But since they've spent Christmas together and she was here now, they probably were really serious.

„She's way out of your league man." I teased Pierre after a few minutes of talking.
He looked at me disapprovingly but Lewis and Kika herself had to laugh.
„Like you're telling me she's here with you... willingly?"

In the past hour I drink more than 5 glasses of champagne, added to the wine Lewis and I drank while getting ready, we were already in a good mood.
„In the end I am the one who has someone to kiss at midnight and you don't." Pierre snapped pack.
„Sorry, but here are at least 10 single guys and I'm sure at least half of them are willing to kiss her." Lewis responded.

I saw Charles out of the corner of my eye. He was close enough to hear what we were talking about but far enough to not actually be an active part of this conversation.
And since he froze, just for a second, while grabbing another glass from the table, I was sure that he did.
I brought my own glass to my lips, watching him closely.

He looked good. He too was in all black, the green of his eyes being the only pop of colour on him. It made them glow even more than they normally did.
My cheeks started to burn as he turned around and caught me starring at him.
He raised his eyebrows at me quickly, just long enough for me to see, as if he knew something I didn't.

Next he shook his head slightly, as if to tell me that no other guy was gonna kiss me.
I chocked on the liquid in my mouth, coughing and hitting my chest.
I didn't expect Charles to be so... loud with his gestures.
All of the sudden he was being all flirty and telling me he liked me but in the end, we still haven't talked about everything that happened.

My heart beat faster every time our eyes met and I would lie if I said I don't feel the same towards him. I would lie if I said that I didn't want him. That my body reacted to his mere presence and I couldn't get him out of my head.
But I was hesitant to all of this. We haven't talked about anything.