Chapter 27 - Charles' P.O.V.

This chapter contains sexual content and may be distressing to some readers. If you don't feel comfortable reading smut, please skip this chapter.

Jealousy and rage are easily confused. And to say I was feeling one without the other is probably impossible.

I felt jealous because I am not next to Aza. I felt jealous that I'm not the one touching her.

I felt rage for the man touching her. I wanted to rip his hands off his body so that he'll never touch something again.

I felt like I was reliving this moment, experiencing a deja vu, watching Athena across the room, not being able to get closer to her. Last time, Pierre and Lewis held me back. This time, no-one could. No-one did. No-one had a reason to. Athena and I were officially dating, and I knew I should be shaking peoples hands and listen to stories about things I didn't care about, but in the end, fuck that.

That was exactly what Athena was trying to do. She wanted to see how much I could take. How long she could continue to tease me until I would fuck my responsibilities and walk over to her.

Turns out she didn't have to wait for long. I was pushing my body through the crowd until I was standing next to her.

I possessively put my hands around Athena's body and starred at the man in front of her. He said something and offered me his hand. I didn't care who he was. I didn't care what he had to say, that little enfoiré. The only thing I cared about was getting Athena as far away from him as possible, so I did.

I took her hand and pulled her away from him. She followed me through the narrow hallways and I only stopped, once I found a large private bathroom. I let her walk in first and locked the door behind me.

I never was a jealous man. I never was a possessive man and I trusted Aza more than anyone. I didn't really understand my own behaviour. The only thing I knew was that when I saw her talking to that guy, my blood started to boil.

I turned around to look at my beautiful girlfriend. I restricted myself to only a few seconds at a time before. If I would have looked at her any longer than that, we would have been back at my place by now.

Athena's cheeks were flushed, her chest heaving because of the fast pace I pulled her through the hallways.

Looking at her, knowing the woman everyone wanted was mine, I suddenly felt the need to thank her for being with me. I knew I had no need to be jealous. Only a man not worthy of his woman had to be jealous. Every day I tried to be the man Athena deserved. Working to make up for future mistakes.

I walked closer to her, a low chuckle vibrating through me when she told me she was just catching up with an old friend.

„You saw me when you hugged him. You were testing me." I saw how goosebumps rose over her skin, as my breath moved over her delicate neck.

„You teased me. You wanted to see, how much I could take.", I kissed a kiss on each side of her neck.

I felt her breath hitch beneath my chest. She moved her neck up, giving me more access to her skin.

„When you knew exactly that it already took all of my self control not to rip this dress of your body the second, I saw you in it." My voice was a low whisper. A shiver of anticipation washed through Athena. I knew she was excited to see what would come next and I was certain that I wouldn't do something she expected.

I looked at her, adoration washing through me. She looked like a goddess, the dress complementing her body, hugging her where I wanted my hands to be. Her lips were slightly parted as she looked up to me, her cheeks tainted in a rosy colour.