Chapter 3 - Athena's P.O.V.

Between the race in Mexico and the next one in Brazil was just a week.
Obviously, most of the drivers travelled to the next destination directly.
It made much more sense, than traveling back to Europe and then back to South-America in the matter of a week.

I was currently sitting on a sun-bed, letting the sun stream over my body.
I was at the pool of the hotel.

It was close to the beach. A wooden path connected the private beach to the pool, palm trees and colorful flowers decorating the way.

Most of the drivers stayed at the same hotel, so I planned most of my free days with my friends on the grid.
Or even better, with their girlfriends.

We arrived here Monday evening.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays were open for sightseeing or just chilling . Thursday all the racing troubles began.

It became my routine to chill on Tuesdays and explore the city on Wednesdays. It made more sense to me, to relax after the travel and get used to the jet lag on the first day and then to go look at the city on the second one.
Obviously, with this year being my second year in F1, I've been to a lot of these places before, but there was always an art exhibition, a restaurant or a park we haven't seen before.

I had plans to go eat dinner with Danny and Lewis tonight, but we decided that each of us would spend the day on their own.

Ares flew home instead of Brazil to spend a few weeks with mom and Aion, before they all joined me for the last two races. Ace was already preparing himself for the coming race weekend.

I knew that some of the guys went to the beach and others already spend the day sightseeing, thanks to our group-chat.

I on the other hand decided to sit down at the pool. Finally I had some desperately needed alone time.

I chose to be a public figure and I wouldn't change my job for anything in the world.
But the public eye sometimes teared you apart.
As much as I loved partying and all the fun racing events, I sometimes enjoyed sitting down with a good book even more.

I sat up to reapply some sunscreen on my body. SPF 30, every two hours.

As I sprayed the cream on my legs, I took some time to look at the pool area of the hotel.

Most of the sun-beds were empty, just a handful of people scattered around me.

The beach on the other hand was full.

I guess most people preferred the beach over the pool.

I saw some movement in front of me and looked at the path leading to the pool.

Mick, Charles, Carlos, Seb and a girl I haven't seen before walked in my direction, all of them still wet from the ocean and in their swimming clothes.

I was disappointed for my alone time to be disturbed.

Before they could see me starring at them, I laid back down and pretended I didn't see them.

I didn't wave them to me. If they saw me they would come on their own.

I didn't meant to be rude but just like I said, I needed my alone time.

After a few seconds no one arrived next to me.

I maybe they didn't see me either and decided to lay down at a different part of the pool area.

Since I heard their voices and the water, I assumed they went for a swim.

I started thinking about the girl next to Carlos again.