005.

"val, could you help me with this turkey?"
fezco called out, pulling the big plate out of the oven.

valerie pushed her knees to help herself up, leaving jay, ashtray, and katie watching the football game.

colten was setting the table, marcus was helping, and dd was making the cranberry sauce.

"you relived bout havin' thanksgiving at ours?" fez nodded his head, him and val both cutting the turkey.

she looked up at the nineteen year old.
"he told you?" the brunette spoke with a little betrayal in her voice. "not
gossip type shit, we was worryin' bout you lil dawg." he nodded, weight lifting off her shoulders.

"yeah i am, we don't really get a thanksgiving over there." she chuckles.
"we're too poor."

"real talk? you got nice stuff though?" fez furrowed his eyebrows.
"i payed for allat." valerie continued to snicker at the rest of her poor family.

"shit.. they might hit yo ass but, you fifteen making more bands then them..who's really winning those battles? how you been getting that money anyway?"
fezco laughed.

"on the low i used to sell carts." she casually whipped off her slimy hands.
"oh for real?"
"mhm"
-
"y'all goofy." fez shook his head as the sounds of the forks scratching along the glass plates were the only thing filling the silence.

"this good as shit." marcus points to the turkey shoved in his mouth, making val cringe at the chewed up food.

"aw-dude." colten covered his eyes.

"yeah? then finish it." ashtray snarled his lip sassily. "omg, we should watch harry potter tonight!" katie gasped, ashtray watched valerie's eyes light up.

as most people, all her life she has loved harry potter. but 2020 valerie was on a whole other level.

she still loved it, maybe not AS much.
but it's still her favorite movie.

"nah, kate we gotta take off, 'member?" dd nodded his head. "oh yeah." she settled down. val looked down at her food in disappointment.

"well, we better take off. thank y'all for the food, for real." marcus and the rest of the group stood up.

"are you finna dip val?" fez furrowed his eyebrows. "probably. why?" she slid her yeezy slides on. "you mind helpin' me with the dishes?"

"mhm, see y'all." valerie waved the rest of her friends walking out, slipping off her shoes.

fezco truly didn't care about the dishes,
but he wanted to know if it was safe for the fifteen year old to come home first.

and if anyone would be there to take her home it was somebody who was able to help, just in case.

"ion care bout the dishes." he waved her off, walking to the living room. "bro." val smiled in annoyance he faked all that.

"yo dad been drinkin today?" he nodded his head. "i'll call my step mom nd' ask." she pulled out her phone, putting it on speaker.

"what." the lady drug out the 't', clearly aggravated at the call. ashtray furrowed his eyebrows and smacked his lips at her sass.