030.

tuseday.

imessage
HER

hey val why didn't you call
me last night?

val?

im sorry ashtray i didn't try
to blow you off
some things got in the way

are you able to come over to the shop?
jus for a lil if you can?

yeah
i'll be there soon

please make sure he thinks
ur going to rues or maddys.

-
valerie pushed her self out off bed, almost not being able to due to the two fractured fingers she endured last night.

she threw on a different hoodie, her other one was stained from the beer. and white sweatpants, praying nothing was thrown at her today.

either way, valerie would take the beating every time. because lately every time it was cause she hung out with ashtray.

and if she truly gave up on ash, she'd give up on herself. and it hurts to say it out loud but, valerie would kill herself.

and she wasn't going loose her battle like that. when valerie was older, she wanted to be an abuse, and mental health activist.

and val couldn't do that if she was dead.

valerie called her dad, just to ask if it
was alright that she went out.

"what?" the man asked.
"can i go to rue's house?"
"uhm, ain't she an addict?"
"ain't you?"
"watch it young lady, and sure. i don't care."
"thanks, bye pa."
-
"yo what's good lil dawg." fez nodded his head as valerie walked in. "hey." she smiled, dabbing the ginger up.

"lemme see ur forehead." he stated. valerie lifted up her beanie, coving her fingers with her sweatshirt.

fezco grabbed her hand gently, moving the sleeve to reveal the purple bruise that were all along her pointer and middle finger.

he sighed, dropping her hand. "it aight, it don't hurt that bad." val shrugged her shoulders. "kid, this is hard to watch you come in here every day with a new beating. when did it get this bad?"

"when i came back from vacation." val grabbed an energy drink from the fridge, pulling a five dollar bill out of her pocket.

"ion want your fuckin' money." fez furrowed his eyebrows, pushing the paper away. valerie laughed as she stuffed it back in her pocket.

"later dude." she walked into the back room where ashtray was counting money. "show him your hand!" fez called out, making valerie groan.

"what's wrong with your hand?" ash furrowed his eyebrows. val stuck her hand out, ashtrays eyes widening when he saw.

"holy shit." ashtray lightly grabbed it, running his thumb over the bruises. "valerie ion know how much longer i want you staying there." he mumbled as he let go of her hand.

"it's like horror hotel."

"you say that like i have a choice." val rolled her eyes, sitting on the boys lap as he continued to count money.