029.

"goodmorning." valerie's father greeted his daughter as she walked down the steps with messy hair, and in plaid pj pants and a grey hoodie that was ashtrays.

she raised her hand in return, waving to him as she opened the fridge.

"why are their bananas in here?" she asked, taking one out as she turned to her dad.
"who's sweatshirt is that?" he stared at her torso, growing angry.

her father would never touch her sober, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't hurt her.

"uh, my boyfriends." valerie leaned against the counter, taking a bite of her fruit. "did he not text you last night?" the man furrowed his eyebrows.

"...no?"

"what a shitty man he is. well, you ain't aloud to see him no more." he chucked his hot cup of tea on the girl, getting up before walking out of his house to go to work.

valerie stood there, looking down at her wet hoodie in sadness. she grabbed her phone from her pocket, immediately calling ashtray.
-
"morning ma, how you doin'?" his boys tired voice asked, picking up the phone after only one ring.

val pressed the facetime option instead of exposing everything, he quickly accepted. his eyebrows furrowed when he saw the dark spot all over his hoodie.

"he threw water on you?" ashtray gave a weirded out look at the man's childish behavior.

"burning hot tea." valerie grabbed the phone, walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs to her room.

"where are my pink high heels?" her step mom yelled from her and her fathers room.
"i don't know?" valerie yelled back, entering her room.

"will you help me find them?" the women asked. "girl no, go find them yourself!" val shut her door.

those were her hooker heels.
her mom was a hooker.

"ugh, your such a brat!"

valerie and ashtray snicker as she set her phone up on her vanity, ashtray watching her in awe.

"lowkey, it looks like something breaking through your skull. it's kinda cool." he smiled, making valerie frown.

"that makes me feel bad ash." she mumbled, rubbing medicine all over her cuts.

"why? you look good no matter what." ashtray scoffed. it was kinda of a freaky series of gashes all over her forehead, which is why she put on a black nike beanie to cover it.

"you tryna come over to my place or what?" ash re positioned himself, the camera still angling at him.

"yeah, i just need a ride since my dad took the car. wait actually, maybe my step mom can drive me." valerie grabbed the phone, walking out of her room and down the steps to ask her mom.

"i'm gonna let you figure this one out." ashtray smirked.

she stopped when she realized what he meant, she wasn't aloud to be with him anymore.

"never mind, you have to pick me up." val huffed, rolling her eyes. "who's picking you up? it better not be that boy!" her step mom scoffed.