024.

-
fezco had a new house guest.
ashtray was so pissed off he couldn't even speak to fez.

faye was doing dishes in the kitchen, and even that made him angry.
so angry he got up from the table with his bowl, threw it in the sink and took his keys and left.

not for good of course.
just for the day.

he called the one person he knew would probably still be sleeping, but the only person who could calm him down.
valerie ruth.

"wha-wassup." she groaned in her tired voice as she rubbed her eyes. "im on my way so tell yo dad, aight?"

"uhm, yeah okay." confused valerie sat up from her bed, putting her glasses on.
"where are we going?"

"ion know yet, we'll figure it out."
-
ashtray watched his tired girlfriend get in the car, still upset over faye because he thought by the time he got back from florida she'd be gone.

"what's the matter." val yawned. "faye, she's still there." ash shook his head, pulling out of her driveway.

mistake.
her father was watching from the window.

valerie's dad had been skeptical of her always saying she was going out with maddy.

so today he watched. he was beyond pissed that she had lied. but he couldn't see who she was with.

he knew it had to be a boy.
so for the next while, he would watch.

"for real? the cops still on her ass?" valerie raised her eyebrows. ashtray didn't say anything, implying a yes as he kept his eyes on the road.

"she's just so-fucking weird."

"she's not for everybody." val replied, not wanting to rile him up. "let's get coffee."
-
"this shit makes me feel girly." ashtray pulled the iced carmel macchiato to his lips, hesitant to try it.

val nodded her head for him to take a sip, so he listened. his eyebrows furrowed when he swallowed it.

valerie laughed, looking at the cup.
"i didn't mix it!" she tried to speak, her lack of breath due to all the laughter she had been doing cutting her off.

"i was bouta say." ashtray chuckled at his girlfriend who was laughing so hard she wasn't making a noise.

"bro, it ain't that funny!" he smiled, now laughing with her. "you drank pure cream!" she cackled.

"cream?" ash furrowed his eyebrows, making her comment dirty. also making both of them laugh so hard their stomachs hurt.

"okay," valerie spoke after they calmed down, a little laugh still slipping out. "mix it till it's this color."

ashtray followed her instructions, taking a sip once it was ready.

"that's better."
"you like it?"
"mhm."
-
"bro, we haven't been here since we introduced ruth to ash." marcus shook his head as the group walked on the wood chips that lead to the playground.

"odd ass bench." val shook her head at the place she was about to sit down, everybody returning in their same spots as that day.