Chapter 7: Conflict Between Foes!

As the others stood up, Delia went to go open the doors for them, allowing them all to walk inside with their Pokemon. A large table was set up for them to sit down, with an abundance of food for them to enjoy.

Ashley smiled as she exited the large kitchen with several large bowls, Paris behind her with a few more. Delia and Maisie went to help, and Augustus realized the bowls were filled with Pokemon food.

Delia smiled as she passed one over for Chompers to enjoy, and the Garchomp dug into it immediately, fanged mouth scratching at the steel. Paris laughed softly, and the others gathered around the table.

Paris sat at the head of the table, with Ashley on her right side, followed by Kayden, then Delia, then Augustus and Lillian. Yancy was at the end of the table, and to his right was Maisie, followed by Evelyn. Three empty seats were on the other side of Paris.

"Thank you," Augustus said to the two. Paris nodded in response, offering a smile as she began to eat.

"How did you two meet?" Lillian asked after a moment, looking between the two women as she took a drink.

Ashley laughed, raising her eyebrows towards Lillian. "Curious, dear?"

Lillian nodded, flushing pink. "Well, yeah. Everyone has their stories, don't they?"

Paris nodded. "Well, it started in Manzana Academy in Ceran. I was currently studying to get my degree in medical sciences, which led to my later career in the medical field. Ashley was studying to get her degree in teaching. We met over a discussion of friends and how sometimes things don't work out."

Ashley chimed in after her wife finished speaking. "I had just gotten out of a friendship where a friend told me I wasn't able to teach gimmicks without a gimmick. Paris comforted me, and we eventually began to go out after a while. I obtained my degree, Paris obtained hers, and the two of us got married soon after."

"We then had our children a few years after," Paris said. "Speaking of which, Luna should be here, shouldn't she?"

Ashley nodded. "She has a lot on her plate," the woman explained. "She's usually off doing research."

"Luna is your-" Lillian began, but Paris seemed to know what she was going to say. "Middle child of five. She's sixteen."

"I'm fifteen, the youngest, followed by Miles, then Luna, Kayden, and then Evelyn!" Delia said through a mouthful of food. Ashley clicked her tongue. "Delia, dear, don't talk with your mouth full. But she is right. Delia and Miles are both fifteen, Luna is sixteen, and Kayden and Evelyn are both eighteen."

Even Caroline looked up from devouring her bowl of food to stare at Delia. A giggle broke through the silence as a pair of feet pitter-pattered down the stairs as Miles raced down them and joined the family. Paris sighed lightheartedly. "Miles, honey, were you just waiting for us to call you down?"

"I got distracted," Miles said with a big grin as he began to eat almost ravenously. "Jus' wanted 'o get 'ork done."

"Miles, you too, swallow first," Ashley said with a blink, eyebrows furrowing as she watched him. He swallowed and spoke again. "Just wanted to get work done. I needed to finish an assignment for work."

"Work?" Yancy asked with a small snort. "What work?"

Miles winked cheekily. "Can't tell ya, unfortunately. It's a secret."

"What kind of secret?" Lillian asked with a small laugh. "It sounds like you're part of some sort of secret group.."

Evelyn and Kayden gave a pair of laughs, looking across each other. Augustus blinked, looking confused.