Chapter 14: Enter The Labyrinth!

The next day, school had gone by surprisingly fast in Augustus's mind. One moment he was sitting down, the next, he was exiting with Thasiel and his mother in the car.

"Well, I think I've made my decision," Johanna said, her Gourgeist beside her. Her hands were steepled, and Augustus felt his heart leap as he awaited her answer. She sighed softly, before she nodded. "I suppose, now that you know, it won't be a bad thing to let you experience it."

Augustus felt a smile break out across his face. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Johanna smiled softly. "Just don't go where you're not supposed to, my boy."

He nodded excitedly, only half-hearing her as he pulled out his phone. Thasiel began to drive as Augustus texted Lillian.

Lillian Fanali

SHE SAID YES

YESSSSS OKAY CALL ME WHEN U GET HOME

Augustus was practically bouncing in his seat as they arrived, and he bolted into his room as he began downloading Twipekker. After a quick call, he managed to get his account set up.

"Well?" Lillian asked over the phone. "It should give you a few recommended accounts to follow. I'll send you mine."

He took the link she sent him, and it directed him to an account. A header of the Magloss Gym greeted him, and Lillian's profile picture was her Torchic.

LillianFanali @princessoffire

🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈she/her, 15, Fire lover. Granddaughter of Clarisse Fanali. 1/14 Gyms!

He quickly added a few details to his account, set up a few pictures, and followed Lillian, before he texted her.

Lillian Fanali

Plans for the second gym?

I think with all the training, I'm ready to go! Do you want to challenge it now? I was planning to.

Now? That sounds insane!

And that's why you're my friend. Voice of reason ;)

Ykw, sure. Wanna pick up Yancy?

Yep!

Augustus headed downstairs and found Thasiel on the couch, talking with Johanna and another woman, a plate of cookies and tea between them. He paused for a moment, listening to them talk.

"And, you see..." the girl said, spreading the papers she was holding. "If we manage to increase our numbers, we'll be able to try and get a hold of it."

"Mmm..." Johanna said with a nod, poring over the documents. Augustus stepped forward to see what was on them, but the floor creaked, and the three heads shot towards him. He froze, and Johanna stood up. The other woman gathered the documents as Augustus began to speak. "Um...hi. I just came to ask Thasiel something..."

"Of course, my boy," Thasiel said. "What is it?"

"Lillian's asking me to challenge the Gym with her and Yancy. Like, now," Augustus said. "She just told me she was going to challenge it."

"The Gym Challenge, hm?" the other woman asked, brushing a lock of her strawberry hair behind her ear. "I suppose I can pick this up another time, ma'am-"

"No, no, it's perfectly fine," Johanna said. "We can take this to my study. Thasiel, dear, would you-"

Thasiel nodded, and he took Augustus's hand, leading the boy out.