1: Found

Chapter 1

Ivan Vladimir Vasiliev is the infamous Boss of the Russian Mafia, the Vasiliev Crime Syndicate; he's been in position since he was a young man of twenty after his father died. Ivan is a man that is greatly feared in the underworld. He is known to all as a cold, ruthless, and calculating individual who takes pride in leading one of the most powerful mafia in the world. A lot of dark and far-fetched rumours are also swirling around the enigmatic Russian mobster, as no one outside of his family really knew the real Ivan Vasiliev.

Many agreed, even amongst his mafia's allies and rivals, that Ivan is a coldblooded devil. They believed that he was the one who ordered the murder of his father in order for him to quickly take his position. Some whispered that after his wife gave birth to his son, he quickly slit her throat and took the newborn in her arms without looking back. The said son that he took, Kirill, hasn't really been seen out and about in the public's eye for many years since he was a boy, so many assumed that Ivan must've murdered his own son as well, like he did with his mother, or he disowned him and sent him away.

Everyone in the mafia world is also well aware of his twin sister's Italian family. Ivan's twin sister, Oksana Ekaterina Vasiliev, was married off by their father to the Don of the powerful Italian Mafia, Luciano Di Luca. The Russians and Italians have been at war with each other for many decades, but the union between Oksana and Luciano ceased the war, and the birth of their children cemented the peace treaty between the two powerful mafias.

However, Ivan Vasiliev was rumoured to have loathed the idea of his twin sister being given to the Italians, and they said that he hated Luciano, Oksana, and their children. So many have thought that Ivan must have celebrated upon hearing the death of his twin sister, Oksana, after giving birth to her youngest and only daughter. Many within the mafia world also agreed and came up with ridiculous conspiracy theories that it was Ivan who orchestrated the disappearance of Luciano Di Luca and his three-year-old daughter, Ivan's own niece, Isabella.

The mystery of the sudden disappearance of the Italian Don and his daughter sparked the attention of everyone within the business and mafia world. It has been thirteen years since the incident, however, not a single trace of Luciano and Isabella were ever found. And people are still pointing fingers to Ivan for being the main suspect of what happened to his brother-in-law and niece.

They called Ivan, The Terrible, exactly like the name given to the first Tsar (Emperor) of Russia.

However, no one really knew the real Ivan Vladimir Vasiliev except for his family.

***

-Ivan Vasiliev-

"It is almost my sestra's (sister) death anniversary this week. Make sure everything is ready for our trip in Italiya, Igor. You know the drill." I snapped my finger at my secretary while keeping my eyes outside, watching the trees we were passing by.

Igor, my secretary, a young man of twenty-six, the same age as one of my nephews, quietly nodded his head and wrote and arranged this week's schedule on his iPad.

"Should I inform Don Lorenzo's secretary of your arrival?" He asked.

Ah, speaking of nephews.

Last year, we didn't inform them anything of my arrival, as I expected they were already expecting me since I've been going there for the last sixteen years every once a year, but that foolish eldest nephew of mine just seemingly forgot and had me waiting for hours while he did his business. Of all the days he has to do his business, he chooses to do them on that specific day. I gave the boy quite a scolding when he returned.